By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My Honest E3 Predictions (Nintendo)

The said:
I think the OP sums up what the "Wii gamers" are still expecting of their console. Here's a hint: look at the last 2 E3s, Nintendo isn't showing much for the "core" audience, what would this E3 be any different? And you "predict" they'll show all that stuff in the same show? the most likely part to come true is the third party support. You shall see 3 or 4 very interesting IPs for Wii, hopefully, excluding the same old tired ports or same old tired spin-off pleasers that is.

I don't think any of his predictions were THAT unreasonable, except for maybe the GTA wii one. But even then, last E3 they did announce GTA for DS.

"Pier was a chef, a gifted and respected chef who made millions selling his dishes to the residents of New York City and Boston, he even had a famous jingle playing in those cities that everyone knew by heart. He also had a restaurant in Los Angeles, but not expecting LA to have such a massive population he only used his name on that restaurant and left it to his least capable and cheapest chefs. While his New York restaurant sold kobe beef for $100 and his Boston restaurant sold lobster for $50, his LA restaurant sold cheap hotdogs for $30. Initially these hot dogs sold fairly well because residents of los angeles were starving for good food and hoped that the famous name would denote a high quality, but most were disappointed with what they ate. Seeing the success of his cheap hot dogs in LA, Pier thought "why bother giving Los Angeles quality meats when I can oversell them on cheap hotdogs forever, and since I don't care about the product anyways, why bother advertising them? So Pier continued to only sell cheap hotdogs in LA and was surprised to see that they no longer sold. Pier's conclusion? Residents of Los Angeles don't like food."

"The so-called "hardcore" gamer is a marketing brainwashed, innovation shunting, self-righteous idiot who pays videogame makers far too much money than what is delivered."

Around the Network
The said:
I think the OP sums up what the "Wii gamers" are still expecting of their console. Here's a hint: look at the last 2 E3s, Nintendo isn't showing much for the "core" audience, what would this E3 be any different? And you "predict" they'll show all that stuff in the same show? the most likely part to come true is the third party support. You shall see 3 or 4 very interesting IPs for Wii, hopefully, excluding the same old tired ports or same old tired spin-off pleasers that is.

Last years E3 was alot different than what we will see this year from every console. Its going to be back to the massive show it used to be.

I disagree with you guys in that my predictions are that crazy. Yeah they probably won't come true but these things are tough to predict, you never know what nintendo is going to do. Super Mario Galaxy was released in November of 2007, if that team got started on a sequel right away there would definately be something worth showing by now. The engine, and everything is already there, they just need to create new levels and what not if were assuming its a sequel to SMG.

Its not ridiculous to assume that retro would unveil there new game at E3 too, even if its just a trailer. Last year we didn't see any huge nintendo titles, but the fact is ninty's devs are always working, and Miyamoto even said that mario, zelda, and pikmin all in the works. Not to mention Factor 5 is rumoured to have a wii game ready for this year.

Support good third party games on wii. Buy games like house of the dead overkill, de blob, madworld, the conduit and boom blox.

liquidninja said:

Are you sure this isn't just a wish list for E3?

I mean Mario Galaxy 2, Retro's new project, GTA for Wii? Not that I don't think such things exist but to have all of them show up at E3?

Yeah I am sure this isn't a wish list. I said in my post that GTA would be a long shot alright. This is E3, its the place to unveil the biggest games. So you don't think that we could even see a trailers for retros new project, and SMG2? It is definately very well possible. I'm not saying its happening, but its not far out there at all. I'm sure nintendo has dropped multiple anouncements in one E3 conference before, and Iwata has been hyping this one.

Support good third party games on wii. Buy games like house of the dead overkill, de blob, madworld, the conduit and boom blox.

Most of that list isn't that out there. Yet again, I point to how vivaciously they apologized for how terrible last year's show was. Also, sales in Japan are tapering off--they know they need games to really light a fire under the sales again.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

@CONMAN15

Well, if Iwata is hyping this one.

Super Mario Bros. Shell Crazy - WiiWare in July 18th!!!

Around the Network
liquidninja said:
@CONMAN15

Well, if Iwata is hyping this one.

Super Mario Bros. Shell Crazy - WiiWare in July 18th!!!

Hilarious. Say what you want but I'm sure there will be some good nintendo software at E3 this year. Nintendo makes the best games, so I'm excited.

Honestly i don't think there will ever be a Super Mario Galaxy 2

melbye said:
Honestly i don't think there will ever be a Super Mario Galaxy 2

You could easily be right there. I think they will make SMG2 for wii though, and I'm really hoping for it.

-At least there should be anothers 2 or 3 new Wii games, one of the has to be a new IP.

-Of course, they has to reveal the new Zelda Wii.

-Realse date for Zelda: ST for the DS.

-Also Pikmin 3 and Sin & Punishment reales dates.

-Another casual game for the Wii.

-Another 2D Metroid game for DS.

MY ZELDA COLLECTION