By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The OFFICIAL Canadian dollar thread

woohoo!  the loonie reached 0.984 against the US$ today.  parity a matter of time.

there're a lots of canucks around... be excited!

the Wii is an epidemic.

Around the Network

Lol, i'm still uses to think that the dollar is at 60 cents as how it was maybe 5 years ago. First time for a complete generation of Canadians that the Canadian dollar will be stronger then the American dollar^^

We're going to parity like it's 1977

/stolen from Fark 

Unless this means an actual price drop in consoles and games (among other things), it means nothing to me.

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

takkxyz said:
Unless this means an actual price drop in consoles and games (among other things), it means nothing to me.

I think the recent price reductions of the 360 and PS3 were more in Canada compared to the price reduction in the US. The US 360 price cut was $50, while the 360s in Canada received a $100 price cut.

Around the Network

Actually, in my line of work, this means a huge problem for (Well, not me, since I dont' deal with it, but my co-workers).

See, we recieve a lot of funding, send out a lot of invoices to American Companies, have many American contracts. But they were signed when the dollar was 70/1. Now that it's almost equal, they underpay their contracts by significant amounts. Contracts that had quarterly payments of 35k are no longer 45k, but just 35k, and prices went up during that time period. Shortchanged!

Also, no, video game prices probably won't go down, which too sucks.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

For the real canadians.....My brother and me have been wanting to visit Canada sometime and check out some of the bigger cities in quebec and toronto and especially some of the mountins. It could be a big trip if we ever go. any suggestions?

if they start bombing iran. we'll prolly live to see the dollars going 2:1

this sucks, 500us and i cant get a decent exchage.

Dumb ass dubya.

dallas said:
For the real canadians.....My brother and me have been wanting to visit Canada sometime and check out some of the bigger cities in quebec and toronto and especially some of the mountins. It could be a big trip if we ever go. any suggestions?

If you go to Niagra falls, go to Niagra on the lake... it's where real Canadians go when they visit Niagra. It's our wine and Theatre district where as Niagra falls is our rip off district.

What time of the year do you plan on coming here?

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.