By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The OFFICIAL Canadian dollar thread

GranTurismo said:
DarkNight_DS said:
GranTurismo said:
All this means is that i'm getting screwed big time on everything i buy in this crap country. But i can't wait until i go back to the US for all the cheap stuff during thanks giving.

Crap Country? WTH? Where are you staying? and where is your place of origin?

I was born and raised in Canada, its not the best country but its better then those leftest euro trash countries. Half of europe is still part third world for fuck sakes. Just like those crappy asian countries, and the dirty south american countries aswell. The US is by far the best country in the world and atleast they have a brain to elect Mr Bush twice, the greatest man ever.

Canada is on the right step having a conservative government in place, good thing no one likes the leftest hippies the NDP. And the liberals are no better.

My post is no hate speech against anyone culture or race. I have no problem with anyone, i just hate the crappy leftest agenda.

Ladies and Gentlemen. I present to you the man behind the Sony Defence Force!

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

from reuters:

"The currency extended its 30-year highs overnight, topping out at C$1.0084, or 99.17 U.S. cents."

took a breather after that.

reaching parity would be great, because i'm so sick of americans dissing the canadian dollar.

here's a personal story: a few years back, i was robbed (a block from campus). some dude hit me from behind, knocking away my glasses and my cell phone, neither of which i ever recovered (lesson: don't talk on your cell when you're walking alone). i only had $12 US dollar on me, so i gave them that.

"i know you got more than that, c'mon gimme all your money!"

"that's all i have... well, here's a twenty dollar canadian."

"no, i want real money!"

so... that's just how worthless canadian money is in most american eyes.

the Wii is an epidemic.

The US$ has also recently fallen to a record low against the Euro and a 26 year low against the UK£. It's great for business trips to the states but sucks for Americans visiting Europe. I have an American friend visiting me next month. I'm also taking her to France. She will find everything so expensive.

Oh. BTW. I'm also looking into leaving the UK and moving to Canada. 

JustinUK said:

The US$ has also recently fallen to a record low against the Euro and a 26 year low against the UK£. It's great for business trips to the states but sucks for Americans visiting Europe. I have an American friend visiting me next month. I'm also taking her to France. She will find everything so expensive.

Don't come to Calgary ... We're all full here ... No more room

Seriously

Newfoundland and Labrador would love to have you. They're about to start paying people to have kids.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

labrador???

looks up wikipedia...

oh crap, i didn't even know nerfoundland is now newfoundland and labrador!

the Wii is an epidemic.

What i said is how i feel, and all of it is true.

stof said:
Well that's definately the saddest thing I've seen on these forums yet.

On a happier note. I think the Loonie is so high because it's celebrating the NDP's byelection win in Quebec!

I don't want to ruin the party, but NPD (Sorry, I want to say it in French^^) victory in Outremont was not caused by any interest from Quebecers toward the NPD. It was mainly caused by Thomas Mulcair, a really popular guy here now that he blamed Jean Charest in the Orford conflict and left the PLQ, and to the fact that Stephane Dion is as charismatic as a 2x12 piece of wood^^ (And also that the liberal are really struggling here since the sponsoring scandal.)

Everybody here think that Jack Layton is funny and a great guy, but nobody votes for him, it has always been like that, probably because NPD is a really centrist party that wants to control everything (In a good way, but still, taking powers that belong to the provinces)

But I have to say that I was really happy to see them beat the Liberals^^

I was thinking of Montreal. I have a good knowledge of French and some of my friends come from there. I also like the weather they get there. I've lived in Boston USA and loved the cold and going hiking/skating/skiing in the winter. We've moved back to the UK but don't intend on staying for too much longer.

HappySqurriel said:
JustinUK said:

Don't come to Calgary ... We're all full here ... No more room

Seriously

Calgary is full?

The UK is bursting at the seams. There are about 60-61 million of us jammed into an area the size of the US state of Oregon.....or just under half of the provinvce of Alberta. If I move to Canada I'll be like a liberated battery chicken. I'm thinking of moving for lots of reasons though.

Sorry to distract from the original topic though.