By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - CoD Modern Warfare2 for Wii?

You should have asked it on the IW forums.

Some admins and even workers on the game already said:

Platforms:

Xbox 360
Playstation 3
PC

http://www.infinityward.com/

Around the Network

But I can personally talk to Robert Bowling. I use to talk to him on AIM all the time, then he got really busy.

He also thinks the Wii is a great console with a lot of potential.

Currently enjoying: Monster Hunter Tri.

It's good to see that someone recognizes that. What a lot of people don't know is that the Wii can stand up to the 360 and such. But the game MUST be built from the ground up and be built very carefully for it to be perfect. You'll notice WaW's graphics in Campaign are amazing. But the online graphics seem worse for some reason.

Well that's the case for every game with online. In order to keep a good frame rate with no lag, you kind of half to dumb down the graphics for online. Look at Halo 3 and Call of Duty 4.

But I do agree, in order to develop for the Wii you are going to have to build a graphics engine from the ground up in order for the game to stand up.

I and Viper will tell you this though. We are 100% sure that Unreal Engine 3 is coming specifically for the Wii. When? We do not know, but it is in developing...but not by Epic Games, but by an unnamed licenscee.  

A while back Epic's CEO Mark Rein said, "I know one of our licensee who's giving it a shot," Rein said. "It's their own port, in the same way Ubisoft brought Unreal Engine 2 to the Wii." There's so many things we can do and are already doing, to improve our engine, on the platforms we're aiming it at, that going back and working on that [for Wii] just doesn't make sense," Rein added. "The engine is getting optimised and we're improving it all the time."

Now what games is that engine used in? I mean there are far more Wii's in houses than HD consoles. Granted the Wii wasn't meant for games like CoD. But if you make a game good enough. The audience is large enough for you to make some extra cash.

Around the Network

I don't care.

So far no one has used the UE Rein was referring to. It may have been cancelled. I remember hearing about the UE3 coming to the Wii back in 2007, it never came. I was expecting Red Steel 2 to use it, but now since I know about RS2 I now know it is not. Ubisoft brought Unreal Engine 2 to the Wii with Red Steel 1, so if it is cancelled it, it was probably Ubisoft that was porting the engine over.

Well just see what you can dig up about the Wii stuff from Robert Bowling, that would be good, at least he's not a d-bag developer.

I hope so, although it doesn't really matter. I'll probably buy it for 360 either way.

Trivium415 said:
Well just see what you can dig up about the Wii stuff from Robert Bowling, that would be good, at least he's not a d-bag developer.

I'll try. And yes, he's not a douchebag developer, he's really nice, and actually pays attention to consoles he doesn't develop for (Wii).