By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ben Dutka ps3news says Where Did All The PS3 Hate Go?

RAZurrection said:
Got news for you Ben, people still hate the PS3.

Why because it's black

Around the Network

for all the nay sayers, I have a question for ya, "what if"
seriously, what if the PS3 exceeds the 360?

Would this change anything for you as a gamer?
I mean the PS3 and 360 will still get the same multiplatform games, so honestly speaking what does it matter if the PS3 exceeds the 360.

Oh, and for those that say it will never happen...no one can knows this 100%, I mean allot of things have happened this generations which no one expected, like the wii selling like hot cakes, the 360 being so faulty, the PS3 costing so much and yet maintaing a decent sales rate during a recession even when logic says that the PS3 should be selling much much lower...so until this gen is over, no one can say with absolute certainty that it won't happen.

PS3 sells an average of just over a million units a year right now, down from last year and the previous year.  While lots of illogical things happened this gen, the number of them that would have to occur for PS3 to even touch 360 is staggerring.

The gen is half over...  Even if they're shooting for "3-5 years" from now, that's pretty lofty.  It won't change much, but it is just such a ludicrous concept to discuss that it's actually entertaining to discuss it.

Believing in the PLAYSTATION®3......IS.......S_A_C_R_I_L_E_G_E

jaddow said:

Few will argue that PS3's exclusive lineup, which features names like Uncharted, God of War, and Gran Turismo (just to name a few), currently outstrips that of the competition.

"Few will argue?" Epic fail.  This is something that is consistantly argued.  This guy is really a moron.

Stop getting so excited about a Kid Icarus remake... the original NES Icarus sucked.

Why is it that fanboys use rants to decry other fanboys and their rants? Not aimed at you jaddow, but at the author. It just seems counterproductive to say the least. Until such time that the PS3 does beat the 360 in worldwide sales on a consistent basis, it's meaningless to argue all the reasons why one *thinks* it should.

@ jake: I absolutely agree, as a gamer, it does not affect me one way or the other if the PS3 starts to outsell the 360. My counter question is, why then as a gamer, is it so important for you to try to prove that it will?

The PS3 has great games and it is not losing any developer support. If it finishes in 3rd place and never outsells the 360, how do YOU lose?

Around the Network

I personally don't see the need for the PS3 to outsell the 360 by the end of its life. As long as it stays close enough that 3rd parties continue developing for it (which is happening) then as a gamer it being 10 million ahead or 5 million behind means nothing.

The only people that really really care (as opposed to just being interested) are the manufacturer (and they care more about profit than unit sales), and epic fanboys who think that their penis size is somehow proportionate to their console sales. Having said that, it is good to see all those PS3 nay-sayers get proven wrong on a monthly basis about the PS3's imminent demise. Still get a chuckle over Rolstoppables prediction that the PS3 would have end of life sales of 10million. Fail!

I think it's pretty dumb to include games that haven't been released when you're saying its lineup "currently outstrips that of the competition".

Also your article completely ignores that basically everything you gush about has a comparable and/or arguably better feature (the PSN games? Really?) on the 360. (Let's just ignore Home, because pretty much everyone is.)

Yeah, the system is really lighting up the sales charts in Japan ...

It's fine to be happy w/ what Sony has built off of a terrible start, but that writeup reeks of fanboy bias and rose-colored glasses.

edit: I see you the OP didn't write that, some tard on a Sony site did, but whatever

TheSteve said:
Wow... So, this guy from "IlovePS3dotnet" is buying into the "Sony can outsell Microsoft by the 125,000 units a month for the next five years, starting today" lunacy necesarry to believe they can make up for a nearly 9m unit deficit.

How shocking.

PS3 isn't going to put Sony out of business or anything, but all things considered, this generation was an epic fail for them. They took their lumps and should learn some things that will hoepfully bring us great things next gen.

The 360 and the Wii had their share of failures this gen. The Wii is a horrible 3rd party software seller considering its install base, HD-DVD was crucified not long after BluRay dropped, RROD is still rearing it's ugly head, along with other 360 technical issues, 360 JRPG support is pretty much a no go, and the list goes on and on. Sony is doing great considering its price and competition.  

The "PS3 hate" hasn't gone anywhere and it never will as long as fanboys like Mr. Dutka continue to write rants such as this one and Sony PR continues to have "foot in mouth" disease. It's hard to sympathize with Sony and its fanboys when they both continue to show complete denial of their position in the console market.

GhaleonUnlimited said:

I think it's pretty dumb to include games that haven't been released when you're saying its lineup "currently outstrips that of the competition".

Also your article completely ignores that basically everything you gush about has a comparable and/or arguably better feature (the PSN games? Really?) on the 360. (Let's just ignore Home, because pretty much everyone is.)

Yeah, the system is really lighting up the sales charts in Japan ...

It's fine to be happy w/ what Sony has built off of a terrible start, but that writeup reeks of fanboy bias and rose-colored glasses.

edit: I see you the OP didn't write that, some tard on a Sony site did, but whatever

How else can a fanboy prove his point? lol

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo