By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 to make existing wii owners jealous when it gets MOTION CONTROLS!!!!

uno said:
If Sony does bring out a motion controller similar to Wii, I wouldnt buy a PS3 for that reason. I really dont plan on investing more money into a new console.

This Sony Wiimote thing is a huge rumor. I doubt it will happen. Sony's fanbase would ensure its demise.

Plus, there is an established perception with the general public of what the PS3 is. Its much easier to create an image of a product when it is first launced. Not 3 or 4 years into its life cycle.

IF SOny does bring out a Wiimote and it advances user interaction beyond what the Wii motion plus can do, then that is great for us consumers. Stagnant controllers is why I stopped playing games until Wii came along.

Why cant more people think like you. that is very balanced and very honest unlike some other members that are going to stay nameless.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network

Sony would need to bundle one hell of a party game with this new device to get it off the ground. And ports from the wii could follow :p

non-gravity said:
Sony would need to bundle one hell of a party game with this new device to get it off the ground. And ports from the wii could follow :p

Bundle it with a good partygame and GT5 and they will be set (if it works).

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

GT5 with a Mario kart liek wheel thing

CONFIRMED?????????????????

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Serious_frusting said:
GT5 with a Mario kart liek wheel thing

CONFIRMED?????????????????

Thats the route I would take if I was Sony, GT5 is probably one of the biggest games for Sony and they would reach the largest userbase possible with that game.

Then add the coolnes of driving with motionsensing (MK style) and it´s a certain winner.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Around the Network

If PS3 got motion controls then the only reason to buy a wii would be if you like the nintendo exclusives (mario and zelda), and because its $150 cheaper.

Good,

Now I can call the PS3 a "gimmick".

I wonder what the Wii will do wz its iconic controller gone.......... the Wii can't compete for a better graphics......the Wii is doomed.

Wait, the Wii was a gimmick but now that ps3 is getting a copy of its controller, it suddenly is NOT, wow great.

But war... war never changes

2mrw said:
I wonder what the Wii will do wz its iconic controller gone.......... the Wii can't compete for a better graphics......the Wii is doomed.

Maybe...

The N always said that once MS and Sony followed them in Motion Controls they would be ready for them.

Also it depends on if PS360 people want Motion Controls, and if the current fans would want to spend more money on new controllers.

And what about the Casuals? The Wii is a household name among casuals. Plus the Wii is still cheap in comparison with most of the PS360 packages out there.