By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 holds all the aces up its sleeve.

Sony's losses are only a drop in the bucket when considering MS's losses.  While Sony's losses are NOT small, it's there business model to keep pushing the industry forward with innovative and original games/gameplay.  It's been their pattern since the PS1.  Every new hot 1st/2nd party game will be the one that broke the camel's back for some people.  We shall see if original titles that push the envelope is what gamers want.  If these gamers only want the same old same old games, Sony's strategy may not work.

Personally, I think gamers don't just want the same old same old type games, so Sony's strategy will work.

Around the Network

i agree. all this "Sony in trouble" shit is annoying
Sony in a multi million dollar company and they got exclusives and everything to help them out
They'll be fine
I think Sony knows more about what they're doing han what people on websites say

TruckOSaurus said:

Do you really believe all this? Your mind must be incredibly powerful to trick you into thinking this could happen.

These aren't the sales numbers you are looking for..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Jboy0990 said:
I think Sony knows more about what they're doing han what people on websites say

I hope for Sony

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Ascended_Saiyan3 said:

Sony's losses are only a drop in the bucket when considering MS's losses....

You have the figures ??

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Around the Network
PS3beats360 said:

PS3s main goal is to outsell the XBox 360 in worldwide total sales. This is an extremely important goal to Sony in regards to PS3. The PS3 has price cuts and huge list of games exclusive to PS3 which will prove to be much better than any exclusive games on XBox 360. PS3 will update its free online which will surpass the XBox Live "paid" online.

You might argue that Sony can not afford price cuts blah blah blah. But the truth is Sony is a huge company and these small losses on hardware is a small drop in the ocean and the extra game sales will more than make up for any insignificant PS3 hardware losses. Price of PS3 is approaching mass market penetration levels with next price cut and PS3 sales will take off as the economy does in fact improve in second half of 2009 and beyond. Expect PS3 price cuts to be announced some time at or after E3 09'.

Even the chance of going from third to first in the same generation may be on the cards as soon as PS3 approaches the Wii price. I expect huge transition from Microsoft or Nintendo to Sony and PS3. PS3 has a remote chance of finishing first in console wars. However I believe PS3 will finish a very close second behind the Wii when the generation is over. Bad luck for X360 ending up third after being ages in first place. Oh well such is life.

Discuss

Warren Buffett sees tough times ahead and you see the economy getting better in the second half of 2009.  Who am I supposed to believe, the World's second richest man known for his amazing business and investment insight or you?

Also how do you know the future lineups for the 360 and PS3 for years to come?  I mean some of the games you're commenting on are probably just in the planning stages yet you seem to know how they're going to turn out.  Who needs game reviewers when we have you to tell us their review scores years ahead of time.

So you think there's a chance of the PS3 outselling the Wii.  Interesting, it seems like Crazzyman has met his match and them some.  Forget all the games that were going to start PS3 domination back in the day, PS3 comination begins with price cuts now.

this person obviously just set up an account to cause friction... he is having a laugh, everyone knows sony are going bust

PS3beats360 said:

You might argue that Sony can not afford price cuts blah blah blah. But the truth is Sony is a huge company and these small losses on hardware is a small drop in the ocean and the extra game sales will more than make up for any insignificant PS3 hardware losses.

Discuss

Not trying to discount a PS3 price drop this year, which i do think is coming, but:

$100 price drop x 10m+ console sales for a year = $1 Billion dollars in decreased revenue.  That is a large amount of money to any company, not a "small drop in the ocean."

NiKKoM said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Do you really believe all this? Your mind must be incredibly powerful to trick you into thinking this could happen.

These aren't the sales numbers you are looking for..

Massive LOL!!!

I always laugh when a joke-account makes an inflammatory thread and suddenly other people start replying in all ernesty to it.

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->