By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 holds all the aces up its sleeve.

> You don't seem to see the BIG picture.

Skool me, Obi Wan.

> Sony doesn't have to sell as much as other companies do to break even.

Err... OK, if you say so, but I'd need data to back that up before I believe it.

> Sony developers aren't paying fees to put a title on it's own platform.

Neither are MS developers in the same scenario. You think Lionhead, Rare, Turn10 pay fees? I'd say all Microsoft-published titles have different deals than non-published or multiplat releases.
Now, if you're saying that NO publishers every pay licensing fees to SONY to put games out on the PS3, I'd need to see some supporting data as that means SONY makes nothing from them. That would be crazy.

Side note: Incidentally, "It's" is a contraction of IT and IS, not possessive, that would be "ITS" without the apostrophe.

> Sony developers aren't paying for using Blu-ray from Sony's OWN BD pressing factories around the world.

Maybe... the publisher pays for that. The money comes from somewhere - those factories don't run themselves - it's coming out of someone's pockets.

> Sony developers don't have to pay a publisher to manage and promote the title.

That's because SONY is the publisher? In which case SONY pays for it.
If SONY's not the publisher,

> These WOULD BE FEES are ALL sources of revenue for EACH game sold.
Correct, that's how the system works. Companies pay R&D and make a console, and the people who make money selling titles for that console kick in a bit of their profit.

And, "as long as SONY is near breaking even..." is another patently ridiculous statement. How long are the company's investors going to be satisfied with 'nearly breaking even'?

Put you in charge and the game really WILL change for SONY.

But, all that said, I still think you're full of it. Sorry, nothing compelling, just reactionary hand-waving. :)

But an opinion is an opinion and I've had a good time chuckling at this thread.

Until next time. I bid you... adieu.

(curtseys and backs away from the keyboard)

Around the Network
PS3beats360 said:

The PS3 has price cuts and huge list of games exclusive to PS3 which will prove to be much better than any exclusive games on XBox 360. And you know this... how? PS3 will update its free online which will surpass the XBox Live "paid" online. What's up with the scare quotes around "paid"? I could have sworn that I was actually paying for Xbox Live.

Even the chance of going from third to first in the same generation may be on the cards as soon as PS3 approaches the Wii price. I expect huge transition from Microsoft or Nintendo to Sony and PS3. Of course you do.

@Untamoi

Oh yes, sorry, you are absolutely correct. I was looking at rough gross revenue, not profit for this quarter.

I wish PS3 fans will just enjoy their console instead of making these threads every single day. Or does the PS3 being in 3rd mean they are unable to enjoy their games? That is the only reasoning I can come up with for these endless threads.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

I came here to make a joke, and then leave. Apparently, I serve no purpose here. The OP is already hilarious!!!

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
I came here to make a joke, and then leave. Apparently, I serve no purpose here. The OP is already hilarious!!!

At least noone will ever accuse you of hiding your aces in your pants.

Tease.

kowenicki said:
Oh and to comment on the multi billion dollar company strength nonsense....

Sony has some of the tightest profit margins of any major company... hence all the hurt from currency movements this last year

Either Nintendo or Microsoft could pretty much afford to buy Sony for cash tomorrow, whereas Sony cant afford a sandwich.

sony likes burgers more so they dont need sandwitches

Being a cricket fan is much simpler and more fun
kowenicki said:
@saimcheeda

sandwitches.... is that a boss from an RPG?

maybe i dont play rpg's much...u should look it up

kowenicki said:
@saimcheeda

sandwitches.... is that a boss from an RPG?

I think it was a regular enemy from Final Fantasy IV.

kowenicki said:
@saimcheeda

oh... you meant sandwiches

Well im not a wiz at spelling