By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN Loves inFamous

I'm honestly not trying to troll...but I'm getting worried all this attention IGN is giving inFamous. I was really excited by it, but now I'm starting to wonder if there was money (advertising) involved in all the praise. I really hope not, because all their talk has got me excited for the game, but how often have they had a little mini-site like this for a game?

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

Around the Network
epicurean said:
I'm honestly not trying to troll...but I'm getting worried all this attention IGN is giving inFamous. I was really excited by it, but now I'm starting to wonder if there was money (advertising) involved in all the praise. I really hope not, because all their talk has got me excited for the game, but how often have they had a little mini-site like this for a game?

You're right to be cautious. This is a game where money does change hands and reviews are sweetened for it. For example, I don't trust that Eurogamer had a full page advertisement for Fable 2 and gave it a 10:10 at the same time. Just wait until the middle of the review bunches come in, and hold your excitement in check for when you actually get your hands on the game or someone or the middle of the pack reviews come in/you hear about how it is from a friend.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
Rainbird said:

Sure is! And I've been thinking about replacing my old HDTV (it's showing its age. 8ms refresh time, 15000:1 dynamic etc) so my games and movies would look a little better, but I'm moving away from my parents this autumn, so my wallet is certainly tightening. Oh well, so many things to save up for

Moving out AND buying a whole buncho stuff? Wow, you're one keen bean. I would buy a new HDTV myself, but not understanding the difference between them makes me angry and that just makes me not want to shop. Computer parts? That is one thing I can manage easily.

Actually, I'm moving out and saving up for a whole bunch of stuff

I really, really need a job once I move, so I'm hoping for something involving games, like working at a GameStop/EB Games

But games come first, and I promised myself I would get a PSP later this year. Between it and my PS3, I wont be able to buy all the games I want for out of this year's lineup xP

Rainbird said:
Squilliam said:
Rainbird said:

Sure is! And I've been thinking about replacing my old HDTV (it's showing its age. 8ms refresh time, 15000:1 dynamic etc) so my games and movies would look a little better, but I'm moving away from my parents this autumn, so my wallet is certainly tightening. Oh well, so many things to save up for

Moving out AND buying a whole buncho stuff? Wow, you're one keen bean. I would buy a new HDTV myself, but not understanding the difference between them makes me angry and that just makes me not want to shop. Computer parts? That is one thing I can manage easily.

I really, really need a job once I move, so I'm hoping for something involving games, like working at a GameStop/EB Games

But games come first, and I promised myself I would get a PSP later this year. Between it and my PS3, I wont be able to buy all the games I want for out of this year's lineup xP

Working at gamestop? Wow, you don't want to do that! MM476 and Maxwell work there! Though if you're going to buy tons of games anyway, I guess theres a decent staff discount.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
Rainbird said:
Squilliam said:
Rainbird said:

Working at gamestop? Wow, you don't want to do that! MM476 and Maxwell work there! Though if you're going to buy tons of games anyway, I guess theres a decent staff discount.

I'll take the risk, they do live on the other side of the atlantic ocean, so I think I will be okay...

And I don't even know if the staff discount is going to be worth it anyway, I still think I'll be able to find better deals online

Around the Network

You'll get to rent some cool games all while knowing that one day it will be resealed and sold to me as new.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

ctk495 said:
IGN loves The Conduit too.

And what does that have to do with this thread?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
ctk495 said:

You know the routine by now outlawauron. Regardless of the topic at hand, at some point you must squeeze something Wii related in.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Euphoria14 said:
outlawauron said:
ctk495 said:

You know the routine by now outlawauron. Regardless of the topic at hand, at some point you must squeeze something Wii related in.

Of course. How could I forget?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Euphoria14 said:
outlawauron said:
ctk495 said:

Of course. How could I forget?

You need to start thinking before you type my friend.

Currently playing: