By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Franchises that never dissapoint.

Metal Gear Solid
Grand Theft Auto
Call of Duty

Around the Network

I've yet to be really disappointed with
zelda
mario
god of war
metal gear solid
gran turismo
street fighter
king of fighters

Zelda
Mario (Main)
Smash
Pokemon (Main)
Rock Band/Guitar Hero (Main)
Wii Series (That's right even Music - its a fun game)

Currently dreaming of: DKC4 or Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (classic 2D platformers) for WiiWare, Smash Bros. for DSi, New Super Mario World for DSi, a Wii remake or true sequel of Final Fantasy Tactics.

One down, hopefully more awesomeness to come.

Jak and Daxter
Metal Gear Solid
Burnout
Disgaea

4 ≈ One

Microsoft RTS franchises, God of War and all Blizzard franchises

But war... war never changes

Around the Network

Zelda
Fire Emblem
Metal Gear Solid

Mario Kart. So far they haven't dissapointed me ^^

RESIDENT EVIL

FALLOUT

Zelda, Fire Emblem, Mario Brothers, Final Fantasy, Phoenix Wright, Paper Mario, Castlevania, Blizzard in General, Valve in general, Metroid, and GTA.

MGS doesn't make my list because MGS2 was a huge disappointment. :(

Making this list without Zelda is like making crack without drugs. Zelda has had to stand strong with a LOT more games under its belt than unproven series' like Half-Life and MGS. Just keeping reviewers happy and content fresh for a few games is very difficult. Much less for 15 or 20 games. The consistant level of quality of the Zelda series is AMAZING, if it personally dissapointed you or not. That's why I give the nod to Castlevania. It's had a harder go, and sure the FF series and many of the others have had a better overall lineup, but in total, the series has never really dissapointed me, or let me down. Even with the worse games in it. I like them all. Castlevania 64, for instance, is under-rated. I enjoyed it. I also enjoyed Lament of Innocent. Castlevania is great, imho, and I think it deserves my vote.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Zelda, Mario (platformers and kart), Metroid, Civilization, Pikmin, F-zero, Wii _____, Baldurs gate

honestly...I can't think of a single one. I'm a fan of lots of series, but to tell myself that even the best developers never have an off game just seems dillusional.

How do you breathe again?