By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Franchises that never dissapoint.

Zelda, Half Life, Metroid, KOTOR and Mario platformers. Would have had Resident Evil in there until Re5. And would have had Banjo in there until Nuts and Bolts. Although there are others I could name these are the mains ones for me so far.

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
GooseGaws said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

RESIDENT EVIL

Really?  Gun Survivor?  Outbreak?  Dead Aim?

Those are sinoffs.

They're still part of the "franchise," though.  I think it's silly to exclude such games from contention, especially considering that they wouldn't exist if it wasn't for the success of previous titles.  Saying something like "non-PSP Ratchet & Clank" or "only 3D Zelda" is ignoring parts of those franchises that you have found disappointment with, which would contradict the very question at hand.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Mine Sweeper

GooseGaws said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
GooseGaws said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

RESIDENT EVIL

Really?  Gun Survivor?  Outbreak?  Dead Aim?

Those are sinoffs.

They're still part of the "franchise," though.  I think it's silly to exclude such games from contention, especially considering that they wouldn't exist if it wasn't for the success of previous titles.  Saying something like "non-PSP Ratchet & Clank" or "only 3D Zelda" is ignoring parts of those franchises that you have found disappointment with, which would contradict the very question at hand.

The J man believes that spin offs shouldnt be counted because most of the time it isnt the original developer making the game but another developer is.

If Main game A came out and got 10s across the board and Spinoff A came out the next year and got mediocre scores and then Main Game B comes along 4 years later and gets more 10s. Wouldnt you agree that this franchise should only be as good as its main game because they embody what the franchise was set out to do? (Which cant be said for cash in spinoffs)

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

for me Final Fantasy and Star Ocean never dissapoint. I love every single game from both franchises.

Around the Network

Smash and Metroid, franchises have been solid.