By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - e3 Hope Thread (Nintendo)

I was just sitting here thinking to myself "What do I want to see this year?" at e3. So I figured maybe we could all make have fun putting up lists of what we want to see. Please don't be negative here, even if you don't like Nintendo, I'm sure there's something you'd like to see them do.

Here's my thoughts;

NeWii. I know it hasn't been 2 1/2 years yet, but I'd like to see something about where they're taking their company. I'm also not asking that it comes out this year, I just want to see a little something.

Zelda Wii. I'd like to see the story from TP continue. They did leave it open for there to be more right at the end. I think this would be a great surprise for this Christmas season. Zelda seems to be slowing down in Japan, but it does well elsewhere. And being that Final Fantasy will only be coming out in Japan, this would be a great time for Zelda to hit.

Donkey Kong Country DS. Because the Super Nintendo wouldn't be the same without the first 3 (well, the first 2...). I think this would be sure to sell them a million copies, so they would be fools not to make it.

Super Role Bros. I keep wanting something like this to happen. Smash Bros., but RPG style. This game would surely be the only thing the Nintendo fanbase would talk about until release.

Pokemon Gold/Silver. Next Sunday we'll be hearing about a new Pokemon game. I got a feeling that a remake is coming. This was a very popular version of the game, so I can see the dollar signs in Nintendo's eyes.

If you comment here, thanks for taking the time!

Predictions for 2009: (Right) (Wrong) (Partial)

Pokemon Gold/Silver DS Japan in September

NES colored Wii and SNES Classic Controler for Christmas

Super Role Bros for Christmas

FF Remakes announced; VII PS3 VIII 360 IX Wii

New Super Mario World November 2009

Around the Network

My starve of FZero must be satisfied.

Pikmin 3

Kid Icarus

Super Mario Galaxy 2

New retro game.

Zelda Wii
New Super Mario Bros 2
Pikmin 3
NPC Eternal Darkness
New Retro Project

I realize that 3/4 of these are more suited for TGS, but I'll say them here anyway:

(1) Zelda Wii
(2) Wario Land 5 for DS developed by an In-house Nintendo studio (R&D1)
(3) StarTropics III for DS
(4) Golden Sun 3

EDIT: I agree with DKC4, as long as the development team that takes over the series is careful not to screw around with the formula.

Around the Network

Zelda Wii, Star Fox Wii, F-Zero Wii.

A DK 3D Revival would be pretty cool, too. A big adventure or so.

legend of zelda ocerina of time remake (i know i miss spelt it, but im watching nba)

For the wii:
-new Zelda
-Kid icarus
-New FPS games
-New third person games

For the DS:
-Donkey kong Country 4 (PLEASE, like the old DKC game)
-Pikmin DS (the developer told that it is possible)
-Smash Bros DS (with new super mario bros graphics)
-Metroid 2D
-Mario Paper DS
-Mario Tennis DS
-Street fighter DS (the gba have 3 great games, why not the DS?)
-Banjo Kazooie DS (well... RARE loves the DS, and make money with the DS, why not?)
-New GTA
-Metal gear solid DS (hahaha, i can dream)
-F-zero DS
-New Mario Party DS (with wifi, PLEASE)-New Super mario Bros 2                                                                                           -New Super mario Bros 2                                                                                                                                                          -Made in ore (US release date)                                                                                                                                                 -Golden Sun 3

An exact date for Sin & Punishment 2, as well as a month, at least, for Spirit Tracks (e.g. confirmed for November, October), I would also greatly appreciate a reveal for Kirby Wii, as well as to see Retro Studios new project.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I hope for meltdowns at the forums and lots of lulz.