By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - e3 Hope Thread (Nintendo)

Copy and paste from the other thread:
So, I'll post my predictions: I do not have high hopes, at least not as high as last year. But I do think tat Nintendo is gonna have a great show. First of all, I'm waiting for a big Sin & Punishment 2 blowout: if they really count on it, the E3 is the right place to begin with. I'd like to know if they're planning to show off Dinasty Warriors 3 tomorrow (I'd like to know if there's gonna be a conference, to be fair, cause I haven't understood that yet), along with other Japanese games like Monster Hunter 3 and Tales of Graces, because I do think that Nintendo will present these titles at the E3. The Wii version of Modern Warfare 2 will be there, along with Red Steel 2, and probably some new games from EA (Dead Space and Brutal Legend?). On the first/second parties side, Pikmin 3 will be shown, along with Wii Fit Plus. By EAD 4 and EAD 2. EAD 3 is working of Spirit Tracks so no Zelda Wii this year. EAD 1 is probably almost done with its game but it will be announced at the Spaceworld I think, since they release Mario Kart only one year ago. EAD Tokyo is definitely working on Mario, but that's a 2010 title. Retro new IP may be ready, dunno, but I don't think it is. Intelligent will announce a new Fire Emblem, probably for Wii, while Monolith and SPD will not show up. And NST neither will.
Factor 5 will be announcing Pilotwings and maybe Kid Icarus, but I'm not sure on the latter.

My hopes?
A new F-Zero dammit. And who knows, a good Starfox. Made by EAD, please!

Around the Network

I hope for 1 new game at least.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Zelda Wii, Pikmin 3. I'd like to see Nintendo publish one good (and proper) FPS game, they did great with Golden Eye and Perfect Dark but haven't really done anything with that genre since N64 which is kind of sad.

Since Nintendo thinks sale of the Wii will slow, maybe we'll see a new color Wii for Christmas. Seems to make extra DS sales.

Predictions for 2009: (Right) (Wrong) (Partial)

Pokemon Gold/Silver DS Japan in September

NES colored Wii and SNES Classic Controler for Christmas

Super Role Bros for Christmas

FF Remakes announced; VII PS3 VIII 360 IX Wii

New Super Mario World November 2009