By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How's this for good luck!!!

super_etecoon said:
ArtofAngels said:
Avalach21 said:
If it was a fault on their end, I wouldn't feel guilty (and even that is debatable), but this is your own error. What is wrong with you?

My error? Get real idiot, how is this my error?

And sounds like super_etecoon is just jealous, and if they contact me of course I would pay it, I had every intention to in the first place, keep your negative bullshit out.

Why would I be jealous...that you got a PSP?   That is some good stuff.  $300 isn't crap, btw...and it certainly isn't worth going through this headache.  It is your fault because you went over the limit on your card.  Hmmm....customer can't do math right, blames store...nice.

And as far as my negativity goes...I forgot...this was the thread where you get to gloat about STEALING a PSP from a store and how you just got your GOLDEN TICKET.  Woot.  

My math is bad?

I never knew there was a transaction limit on my card and that may not even be the reason this happened, infact I'm sure I've spent more in one go with it before, it was my assumption, therefore my math plays no part in it, see this is what I mean, your negative bullshit, throwing any crap my way as if to make me look like a bad person.

How could this cause me a headache? If they ring me I'll pay, simple, I'm not short on cash I just thought this was a good stroke of luck, then morons like you have to jump down my throat and talk as if I have murdered/raped someone or commited Credit Card fraud.

Around the Network
Sqrl said:
@fazz,

lol, I have told the story a number of times before and nobody ever believes it so I have come to terms with the fact that the story is (almost by definition) unbelievable.

But it did in fact happen to me.

No guilt?  Not even a teensy bit?  I got an extra $5 from a Burger King once...I had to drive back and give it back...you shouldn't just take money that you didn't earn...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

ArtofAngels said:
super_etecoon said:
ArtofAngels said:
Avalach21 said:
If it was a fault on their end, I wouldn't feel guilty (and even that is debatable), but this is your own error. What is wrong with you?

My error? Get real idiot, how is this my error?

And sounds like super_etecoon is just jealous, and if they contact me of course I would pay it, I had every intention to in the first place, keep your negative bullshit out.

Why would I be jealous...that you got a PSP? That is some good stuff. $300 isn't crap, btw...and it certainly isn't worth going through this headache. It is your fault because you went over the limit on your card. Hmmm....customer can't do math right, blames store...nice.

And as far as my negativity goes...I forgot...this was the thread where you get to gloat about STEALING a PSP from a store and how you just got your GOLDEN TICKET. Woot.

My math is bad?

I never knew there was a transaction limit on my card and that may not even be the reason this happened, infact I'm sure I've spent more in one go with it before, it was my assumption, therefore my math plays no part in it, see this is what I mean, your negative bullshit, throwing any crap my way as if to make me look like a bad person.

How could this cause me a headache? If they ring me I'll pay, simple, I'm not short on cash I just thought this was a good stroke of luck, then morons like you have to jump down my throat and talk as if I have murdered/raped someone or commited Credit Card fraud.

you're in no position to defend yourself.

why you would even come to this forum to share with others about this is beyond me. 

if a free $300 is your idea of good luck, you have some personal reflections to do.

the Wii is an epidemic.

I say good job on getting one over on the system.

These big corporations, retail chains, and banks are always screwing us over with inflated prices and hidden fees that I say if you ever have some good luck and can get something for free, you should take it and not even look back.

This is what I do anytime someone gives me extra change, or an extra order of french fries or whatever on accident. It's just karma's way of even things out.

VAMP said:

These big corporations, retail chains, and banks are always screwing us over with inflated prices and hidden fees that I say if you ever have some good luck and can get something for free, you should take it and not even look back.

This is what I do anytime someone gives me extra change, or an extra order of french fries or whatever on accident. It's just karma's way of even things out.

Thanks for seeing it the way I do, I have kept an eye on some people on this thread that'll I'll forever see as arrogant. Put it this way people, last year I had my laptop computer stolen, it was one week old, and two months later $1000 stolen from a dodgy corporation that promised me a loan, then my portable DVD player was robbed from my old flat mate plus a heap of PS2 games, later that year at TAFE my wallet was stolen and I lost $120. And when some good luck finally swings my way you stuburn people turn around and call me a bad person.

Around the Network
ArtofAngels said:
VAMP said:

Thanks for seeing it the way I do, I have kept an eye on some people on this thread that'll I'll forever see as arrogant. Put it this way people, last year I had my laptop computer stolen, it was one week old, and two months later $1000 stolen from a dodgy corporation that promised me a loan, then my portable DVD player was robbed from my old flat mate plus a heap of PS2 games, later that year at TAFE my wallet was stolen and I lost $120. And when some good luck finally swings my way you stuburn people turn around and call me a bad person.

It might be too early to call it good luck as there is a very high probability you will be asked for the money back and will have no choice but to pay it.  A somewhat similar thing happened to be a few months ago.  I went to buy a Toshiba HD-E1 but when they went into the store room they brought back a HD-XE1 which was about £250 more expensive.  I got home, unpacked it set it up and used it for about a week.  Then I got a call from the store saying they noticed the error when they were doing their inventory check.  So much to my disappointment they came and picked up the player and gave me the cheaper one.  I have gotten away with something like that once though.  When I was buying my gamecube I got a bundle with four games.  Got home and found out they had given me five.  I even had the cheek to exchange the game they gave me in error for a game I actually wanted.  They puzzled over why the game I was exchanging wasn't on my receipt and I said they must have made an error when printing the receipt since all the games were the same price.  I know I should have felt guilty but I really didn't.  I have had enough experience of businesses trying to shit on their customers to feel bad about them losing a small amount due to their own mistake. 

VAMP said:

Sorry to dissapoint you, but I think that when some clerk gives you extra change and you don't tell him, you're probably screwing him rather than the company. Aren't store clerks usually deemed responsible for any missing money?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Sqrl, ArtOfAngels, and Vamp: You guys have a lot to learn in life.

Honesty is more valuable than anything you can get in exchange for it. It's what built society and allows it to operate. Without it, there is chaos. Government, schools, business, personal relations, medical care...do you want people to be honest to you in these things? You have to live the principle yourself if you want or expect others to live it.

Sqrl: You're right. I don't believe you. I don't believe that you wouldn't have said "Uh, you've already given me my change, thank you." If the cashier hadn't given you back $40, I'm quite sure you would have said something.

Vamp: If you believe in Karma, you'd be more honest, knowing it would pay bigger dividends in the end.

ArtOfAngels: I don't understand, when did you find out that the bank denied the transaction? Was it at point of purchase and the cashier just ignored the fact that it had been denied?

NJ5 said:
VAMP said:

Sorry to dissapoint you, but I think that when some clerk gives you extra change and you don't tell him, you're probably screwing him rather than the company. Aren't store clerks usually deemed responsible for any missing money?

Yes, they are. That guy may have gotten fired over your "good luck".

ArtofAngels, it's not arrogance. It's morals. You stole hundreds of dollars from that store. If you don't pay up, that qualifies as theft (you're lucky you didn't buy more, it would fall under grand theft, much more serious). If you have a brain in your head, you'll go let them know and pay up.

Getting extra fries or pocket change is one thing.  Getting hundreds of dollars of electronic equipment and software is entirely another. 

PS3: 5.51m/51w, avg 108,039/w (up 239)
360: 12.93m/102w, avg 126,764/w (up 625), leads PS3 by 7.42m (up 70k), avg lead 18,725/w (up 386)
Wii: 13.52m/51w, avg 265,098/w (dn 1,102), leads PS3 by 8.01m (up 90k), avg lead 157,059/w (dn 1,341)

If 360 sales stabilize, PS3 sales increases needed to pass 360 by...
01/08: (008w) +875.8%, 04/08: (021w) +344.4%, 07/08: (034w) +219.3%, 10/08: (047w) +163.5%
01/09: (060w) +131.8%, 04/09: (073w) +111.4%, 07/09: (085w) +098.1%, 10/09: (099w) +086.7%
If Wii sales stabilize, PS3 sales increases needed to pass Wii by...
01/08: (008w) +1072.%, 04/08: (021w) +498.4%, 07/08: (034w) +363.4%, 10/08: (047w) +303.1%
01/09: (060w) +269.0%, 04/09: (073w) +246.9%, 07/09: (085w) +232.6%, 10/09: (099w) +220.3%
If PS2 sales freeze, Wii sales increases needed to pass PS2 (as of Mar07, 108.4m) by...
2008: (008w) +4373.8%, 2009: (060w) +0496.5%, 2010: (112w) +0219.6%, 2011: (165w) +0116.9%
2012: (217w) +0064.9%, 2013: (269w) +0033.1%, 2014: (321w) +0011.5%, 2015: (376w) -0004.8%
At +0% it will pass it in 358w, the week ending September 19th, 2014, at an age of 409w (7y44w).
Current age of PS2: 7y37w.

Last update: Week ending November 3, 2007

Once, several years ago, I took some games to EBGames to trade in. I also picked up a couple games to buy. Anytime I buy a game, my girlfriend complains about me wasting money (I bought MGS on our first date, and have been sneaking games behind her back ever since!!). Anyway, my evil girlfriend came into the store. I knew it was time to abort the mission, so I told the clerk to put the credit for the games on a gift card. After some kind of miscue from the store employees, I wound up with credit for the games I traded in, and for the games I intended to buy! Free money!! However, this story does not have a happy ending. Karma has paid me back ten fold.

I bought Death by Degrees for the PS2 a couple months later....the horror.....the horror....