By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How's this for good luck!!!

no way.......
can somebody actually do that, i mean twice is almost believable but 3 times?

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Around the Network

It's not about if is a fraud under legal terms, it's all about honesty.

And you are making that up Sqrl :P

Actually, You'll still be paying for it.

When a line goes down (Phone line connection for the EFTPOS machine) it will print out an offline receipt, which even if it is a standard Non credit card transaction (Savings account) you need to sign for.

If they have not reconciled their offline receipts yet then it will not show on your credit statement. They may process all offline receipt at the end of the week, or maybe even month.

Check to see if your receipt has offline written on it. If it does then expect to be charged. If it does not then expect to be charged. either way it sounds like it was most definitely an offline receipt and will be processed in time.

It's me...  no really, it IS me!!!

hmm, nice to know how a little about how a transaction goes through. does the company that handles the electronic transaction still get a cut in that case? they otherwise get what like a 30 cent fixed transaction fee right?

but yeah, in any case, there's a paper trail, unlike dealing with cash.

the Wii is an epidemic.

It's not like the store cares. They'll forward this to whoever issued your credit card and get their money. Your bank might care, but they can fix it as soon as they become aware.

This is why a lot of stores prefer credit cards to checks. Checks can bounce, but if your card gets a receipt out of their machine, they're getting paid.

Around the Network

^ No I don't think there is a fixed fee.

To 'rent' an EFTPOS machine is like $10 a month or so (Estimated - but around this much).

A phone line is required for the eftpos machine however there are no call charges. (I think the new models soon to be released also work through internet.

No matter how much the transaction is, be it $1 or $100, the same % is charged. (.6% for savings/cheque accounts, 1.3% - 1.7% for Credit cards and 1.7% - 2.3% for Amex)

So if a $10 transaction goes through on savings, $0.06 is paid in fees.
$100 transaction on savings, $0.60 is paid in fees.

if $10 goes through on credit, $0.13 is paid in fees.
$100 goes through on credit, $1.30 is paid in fees. (so on so forth)

All bank fees are paid for by the shop and are not usually added to the customers bill. (Excepts for some occasions with CC or Amex).

It's me...  no really, it IS me!!!

Ah, that infamous beast, the Credit Limit Check Monster. That tripped me up when I bought my PS3 - my debit card didn't go through, so I had to write a paper check.

Seriously, though, be sure your payment goes through. Credit agencies can take you to court, garnish your wages, and the laws have gotten really ugly for debtors. (I've been through bankruptcy court, so I know.)

Actually you should be concerned that this happened. Your bank is likely to assess a penalty against you. Remember your account is your responsibility. The financial institution you used will pay for the withdrawal since items and or services were exchanged unless their was a fumble at the merchant. What you should be concerned about is whether your financial institution applies a penalty to your account for your incompetence. Those fines can be pretty hefty. So you might actually come out worse for this. Your not going to walk away from it in my opinion.

Dont pay.

fools need to learn the hard way.

That's dishonest

Be honest even if your the only person that knows it, it's about knowing one self, and respecting the type of person you are

Treat people the way YOU want to be treated...

Knowing you didn't pay is stealing regardless if the law catches you, it's always what YOU know about yourself that's truely important