By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Ur favorite internet browser...

WNJ5 said:
I'm divided between Firefox and Google Chrome right now... These days I'm using Chrome much more than Firefox, it's so much faster!

IMO Firefox has been getting worse in terms of speed from version to version.

Try FF 3.6 Alpha 1: http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/latest-trunk/

Warning: Although fast and stable, it is still in Alpha stage w/ these being nightlies.

Around the Network

Opera

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

what google chrome like, at the moment i like mozilla firefox

halogamer1989 said:
WNJ5 said:
I'm divided between Firefox and Google Chrome right now... These days I'm using Chrome much more than Firefox, it's so much faster!

Try FF 3.6 Alpha 1: http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/latest-trunk/

Warning: Although fast and stable, it is still in Alpha stage w/ these being nightlies.

I remember trying the FF3 pre-release builds and being blown away by how fast it was. The official public release came, and it actually turned out to be much slower and more memory-hungry than FF2 (I doubt my FF data / history is that huge). I'll probably end up trying 3.6 anyway to mess about with the nifty CSS3 features - which will no doubt take Microsoft a few years to implement into IE, making them a bit niche for now.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Chrome mostly with IE occasionally.

Around the Network
Leonidus said:
^has to be the simplest browser out there

wow,.really,,. you  are   a genius,..

''Halo reach''.. sell 7.m first week ,Believe¡¡¡¡¡¡

Gnac said:
halogamer1989 said:
WNJ5 said:

I remember trying the FF3 pre-release builds and being blown away by how fast it was. The official public release came, and it actually turned out to be much slower and more memory-hungry than FF2 (I doubt my FF data / history is that huge). I'll probably end up trying 3.6 anyway to mess about with the nifty CSS3 features - which will no doubt take Microsoft a few years to implement into IE, making them a bit niche for now.

HTML 5.0 and Gecko 1.9.2 are featured in this as well.  93/100 on the Acid3 test.

@halogamer1989: Maybe I'll try it out later, although Alpha software can be a bit scary to run.

On a related note, I just now took advantage of one of the great features in Chrome. One of the tabs got screwed up by Acrobat with a pdf file. I just opened windows task manager, closed the chrome.exe process which was using the whole CPU and voila, the rest of the tabs survived just fine. With Firefox I would have to restart the whole thing.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
@halogamer1989: Maybe I'll try it out later, although Alpha software can be a bit scary to run.

On a related note, I just now took advantage of one of the great features in Chrome. One of the tabs got screwed up by Acrobat with a pdf file. I just opened windows task manager, closed the chrome.exe process which was using the whole CPU and voila, the rest of the tabs survived just fine. With Firefox I would have to restart the whole thing.

Yeah that is an advantage.

I enjoy Opera. =)