By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - First screens for Red Steel 2

Are those screens or artwork? Those look like drawings to me.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
bazmeistergen said:

I've just received my copy of ONM and those screens look really good technically as well as stylistically. The scans posted are of a shocking quality.

The game looks really interesting.

Post scans from ONM? PLEAAASE? =D

This just in. An undisclosed source has just revealed to me that the new PoP style look will come with the new PoP gameplay. Just press the A button at the right time and you will win the game.

Where are the split-screen multiplayer screens? I've been looking forward to those.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

I don't know Art*, but I know what I like. I like this!

*Art Garfunkel

Is this the 1st Cel-shaded FPS?Or has anything like this been done before?

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

Around the Network
tolu619 said:
Is this the 1st Cel-shaded FPS?Or has anything like this been done before?

XIII?

RED STEEL 2 LOOKS GOOG.NICE TRY,,,,BUT THEY COULD JUST GIVE ANOTHER NAME TO THE GAME..OUR FINGERS CROSSED,,,,

Red Steel 2 - more details reveal some controls, non-linear gameplay, and explanation for lack of multiplayer:
- some aspect of leveling up your character
- gun and sword combos
- “RS2 is tightly focused on intensely physical first person sword fighting, with gunplay a secondary option”
- hold Z to lock onto enemy
- hold down C and swing to block, vertical and horizontal blocks
- switch lock-on at any time
- screen prompts you if you’re being attacked from behind. Press A to quick-turn in this situation
- many enemies wear bulletproof armor
- not open world
- not a linear game, multiple paths to take
- several hub-worlds
- side quests
- collectibles
- return to old areas with new powers and abilities
-”non-combat use of MotionPlus wont be limited to opening doors”
- boss fights
- production began last summer
- Ubisoft discussing the lack of multiplayer: “We would love to create a multiplayer engine, but not right now. It’s single player because we want to really focus on the core mechanic and as much as we all want to kill each other with swords, it’s not going to happen this time.
- Ubisoft on releasing a multiplayer mode through DLC: “That would be cool. The world has changed, and we can do that sort of thing. I certainly think that would be cool. I’d buy it. But we need to be careful bringing out something that people think should be in the main game.”

http://gonintendo.com/?p=81226

I like the art style as it:

- lends itself for a more fantastical world.
- allows them to be a bit more violent while still avoiding a M rating.
- differentiates this from FPSs (it's a First Person Slasher, with some shooting)
- avoids the comparison of realistic Wii games vs HD systems which Wii never wins

But I also liked the settling and style of the original RS and sorry that hasn't returned.

While I'm annoyed, very, there's no multiplayer if this just went into full development last summer then it's true they don't have time. Obviously Ubisoft wants to be the first to market with a full-on sword playing game. I just hope it's well considered and not a knee-jerk reaction.

Hopefully Lucasarts (with some help) will bring us a Jedi Force type game with full multi-player modes and full single player story mode next year.

puffy said:
bazmeistergen said:

I've just received my copy of ONM and those screens look really good technically as well as stylistically. The scans posted are of a shocking quality.

The game looks really interesting.

Post scans from ONM? PLEAAASE? =D

I'm sorry, but I have no scanner....  noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.