By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you think Rumble is Essential to the DS Experience?

I was planning to buy a DSi until I found out that the DS Lite has rumble and DSi doesn't and the lack of Rumble was something I didn't like about PS3.

Do you think Rumble is an important part of the DS experience?

Around the Network

PS3 has rumble now

And, DSi is awesome, even without rumble!

In my honest opinion, rumble is not essential to any gaming experience.

Cactus said:

Pretty much this, though some games do feel more immersive with it.

Pixel Art can be fun.

DS Lite doesn't have rumble. It has a rare Rumble accessory that plugs into the GBA port to add the feature to a few games.

In short, no.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

There is a list anywhere with the DS games that support rumble?

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

SmokedHostage said:
Cactus said:

Pretty much this, though some games do feel more immersive with it.

I would concur with these statements in that I don't see how rumble is so amazing. More often than not, it's a nuisence that not many games use in a way where it feels like it's really needed.

What DS lite has rummble? I have had one since the day it released in the UK and I have never ever felt it rumble.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

What? Er I don't think DSL has rumble... And to be honest that would be an insanely stupid idea, since the screens would rumble as well, thus impair the vision.

edit: as stupid as this topic seems, here is a link for those interested

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_DS_Rumble_Pak_games#Nintendo_DS

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)