By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you think Rumble is Essential to the DS Experience?

tuoyo said:
What DS lite has rummble? I have had one since the day it released in the UK and I have never ever felt it rumble.

It's like a rumble pak you can put in the gba slot.  it is pretty cheap on ebay.  i don't know what games it enhances.

Around the Network

It's not essential.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

txrattlesnake said:
tuoyo said:
What DS lite has rummble? I have had one since the day it released in the UK and I have never ever felt it rumble.

It's like a rumble pak you can put in the gba slot.  it is pretty cheap on ebay.  i don't know what games it enhances.

check out the wiki link I posted.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

I think a lot of games in general benefit from rumble. it is fun to fill the recoil when you shoot a gun or your blade makes contact with an enemy for example. However, I think only a few types of games require it in order to be playable like stealth action games. I think stealth games are unplayable without rumble because often it alerts you to enemies and their proximity to your location.

@OP
are you seriously comparing the difference of double the CPU power(apx 120mhz now), 3 times the ram(16mb instead of 4mb). Better firmware that is upgradeable, DS Ware content, 2 digital 0.3mp cameras, slightly bigger screens, unfortunately DS Phat like battery power, sd card slot for music(blah aac), WiFI that supports WAP instead of just WEP(or am I wrong). Just for the option of having a to buy a GBA Rumble pack for a few games?

In comparison I cannot fathom even if the DS Lite had internal rumble and you never went online with the DSi that you would exchange the other features for a poor micro motor rumble.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

Around the Network
.jayderyu said:
@OP
are you seriously comparing the difference of double the CPU power(apx 120mhz now), 3 times the ram(16mb instead of 4mb). Better firmware that is upgradeable, DS Ware content, 2 digital 0.3mp cameras, slightly bigger screens, unfortunately DS Phat like battery power, sd card slot for music(blah aac), WiFI that supports WAP instead of just WEP(or am I wrong). Just for the option of having a to buy a GBA Rumble pack for a few games?

In comparison I cannot fathom even if the DS Lite had internal rumble and you never went online with the DSi that you would exchange the other features for a poor micro motor rumble.

Well, I don't have a wireless modem, so I can't go online with a DSi if I had one.  The big thing that is keeping me from getting a DSi or DS Lite is the $40.00 price difference.  $169 is a bit steep to me, personally.  But the DS Lite since it is lacking all those features you mention on DSi is probably a bit steep too since it only costs $40.00 less.  I wish they would bring DS Lite down to $89.99 and the DSi down to $149.99 (because it's not even $100.00 cheaper than the Wii as it is now).  I like rumble and knew it was a feature not in DSi, but from what I've read about it like from Nordlead's post with the wiki link rumble isn't essential to ds games.  It seems like the biggest game difference between ds lite and dsi is you can't play guitar hero world tour on dsi, but I've never played any of the games in that series.

damn the dsi doesnt have rumble now i wont be getting one

Play Me

nordlead said:

edit: as stupid as this topic seems, here is a link for those interested

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_DS_Rumble_Pak_games#Nintendo_DS

Thanks!

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

txrattlesnake said:

I was planning to buy a DSi until I found out that the DS Lite has rumble and DSi doesn't and the lack of Rumble was something I didn't like about PS3.

Do you think Rumble is an important part of the DS experience?

The DS doesn't have rumble standard so I think it's safe to assume no, rumble isn't essential to the DS experience.