By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Jesus vs. Mohammed? Video Game Upsets Islamic Group

Sontikka said:
It's just a flash game...

And now, because of the outrage, it will spread all over the Net, and be given extra attention.

Around the Network

The game is missing two important characters:

Moses :

and of course Seaman :

Guess they're keeping them for the sequel.

Signature goes here!

arsenicazure said:
pakidan101 said:
bloody swamp said:
pakidan101 said:

I know that they are just flash games or just comics to you guys, but understand that religion is not just religion for us. It is a way of life for us. If you want to make fun of God, fine then go ahead. If you want to poke fun of Jesus Christ, then go ahead and do it in Family Guy, South Park and even in this game. Not to sound like the person defending Britney Spears on Youtube, but leave Muhammad (pbuh) and our beliefs out of it, okay? We take our religion serioiusly (not to say anything about you and your ways, but jokes on our religious beliefs is a no-no).

Isn't Jesus also the 2nd most important prophet in Islam (2nd to Muhammad obviously) ? Shouldn't you also be offended by people depicting a face of Jesus too, especially for caricature ?

Muslims don't do caricatures of prophets. But seeing how Christians have a stake in Jesus, there are two reasons why Muslims really can't do anything about it.

One is that since Christians have a stake on Jesus and they are the one doing the caricatures, we have little to fight against except just not see it.

Second of all, it is a caricature of Jesus Christ. Seeing how we don't believe that Jesus is the Son of God, it is kind of like making fun of someone who didn't exist...in our eyes.

I guess in the end of it all, it is like it is okay for you guys to make fun of your religion because it is your religion...you know it, know the things that don't make sense (like Easter) and can make fun of it. That is your right. I don't laugh (much) about those jokes, nor think they are nice, but you guys laugh so it is your right.

But to think you have the right to make fun of our religion is really an insult. I mean, since when do you guys understand whe we are coming from? When did you take the time to understand us, our religion, etc.? If you really took the time, none of this would have ever happened...

I guess when you cover your women up, lock them at home, deny them an education, mistreat homosexuals, forbid public display of any affection, gloat at honour killings, - marry off girls when they are children- not even teenagers- then its kinda hard to understand where your coming from. Sure the corrupt west drinks and fornicates. Bohoo. Its called choice. I hope someday the islamic world clearly understands the meaning of that word.

No disrespect intended.

You are naming extreme cases in Islamic culture and sadly this is common in some parts of the middle east, but I do know Pakistani and Indian Islamic Culture. These countries aren't that big on covering women up, locking them at home and denying them education, if this were true... my mother who is muslim would have not suceeded past my dad in her career, I could actually rant about the other stuff, but what you just wrote is like if I took an example from South of United States, and decided to label that as America, in lamest terms a bunch of inbred idiots. Also I refer to it as Culture, because in my eyes no one follows religion right.

I personally don't agree with any religion.

arsenicazure said:
pakidan101 said:
bloody swamp said:
pakidan101 said:

I know that they are just flash games or just comics to you guys, but understand that religion is not just religion for us. It is a way of life for us. If you want to make fun of God, fine then go ahead. If you want to poke fun of Jesus Christ, then go ahead and do it in Family Guy, South Park and even in this game. Not to sound like the person defending Britney Spears on Youtube, but leave Muhammad (pbuh) and our beliefs out of it, okay? We take our religion serioiusly (not to say anything about you and your ways, but jokes on our religious beliefs is a no-no).

Isn't Jesus also the 2nd most important prophet in Islam (2nd to Muhammad obviously) ? Shouldn't you also be offended by people depicting a face of Jesus too, especially for caricature ?

Muslims don't do caricatures of prophets. But seeing how Christians have a stake in Jesus, there are two reasons why Muslims really can't do anything about it.

One is that since Christians have a stake on Jesus and they are the one doing the caricatures, we have little to fight against except just not see it.

Second of all, it is a caricature of Jesus Christ. Seeing how we don't believe that Jesus is the Son of God, it is kind of like making fun of someone who didn't exist...in our eyes.

I guess in the end of it all, it is like it is okay for you guys to make fun of your religion because it is your religion...you know it, know the things that don't make sense (like Easter) and can make fun of it. That is your right. I don't laugh (much) about those jokes, nor think they are nice, but you guys laugh so it is your right.

But to think you have the right to make fun of our religion is really an insult. I mean, since when do you guys understand whe we are coming from? When did you take the time to understand us, our religion, etc.? If you really took the time, none of this would have ever happened...

I guess when you cover your women up, lock them at home, deny them an education, mistreat homosexuals, forbid public display of any affection, gloat at honour killings, - marry off girls when they are children- not even teenagers- then its kinda hard to understand where your coming from. Sure the corrupt west drinks and fornicates. Bohoo. Its called choice. I hope someday the islamic world clearly understands the meaning of that word.

No disrespect intended.

*Sigh*...People like you and some Muslims (so basically I mean no offense to you) mistake culture for Islam. Basically, there are people who mix up what they do and what others do as a cultural tradition in their home country and say it is Islam, when it is clearly not.

In other words, Islam does not condone the denial of education of women, the mistreatment of homosexuals (though they don't condone homosexuality in general...like Judaism and Christianity), the idea and concept of "honour killings," and forcing marriage on children.

The covering up of women is a controversial topic, even for Muslims. The religion says that women should "cover up their purity, dignity, and honour and be humble, not flashy or showy," something like this (I'm doing this out of my knowledge, so I might not know the EXACT sayings). Tradition has it that Muslim ladies do this by covering their hair, since in the past the hair was considered to be something only their husbands or parents should see. Muslims kept that tradition and there you go.

And about the no public display of affection? Though I don't practice that rule as much as I would like (never was saying I was 100% religious) I understand that ruling myself. PDA's (the acronym) show immaturity. Immaturity shows lack of understanding. This leads to lack of understanding life itself, including love. Not understanding love = probably the huge chance of not being with "the one" = breaking up, having more relationships, more promiscuity, etc. And when you add in the fact that we aren't suppose to be with someone before marriage (again, wish I followed that) then PDA's are more frowned upon.

Then, if you were married, wouldn't you want to get a room and not need PDAs?

Explanation of sig:

I am a Pakistani.....my name is Dan....how hard is that? (Don't ask about the 101...apparantely there are more of me out there....)

Shit, Faith Fighter 2 is hard. I couldn't respect Ganesh fast enough.

Around the Network
The Ghost of RubangB said:
Shit, Faith Fighter 2 is hard. I couldn't respect Ganesh fast enough.

I still wonder, would Buddha fight? I mean the guy is peaceful, maybe I should give this game a try.

Hey pakidan, if I drew a picture of Muhammad, and put it on my wall, and then on VGC mentioned "oh yeah I drew Muhammad and put him on my wall," would that be an insult to Islam?

I definitely wouldn't be worshiping him as a false idol or anything. I'm an atheist.

Lol, since when did I became a designated Muslim consultant...anyways, though I know you are just pushing the issue just for the sake of pushing it for the lols (and it was funny), there are two things to consider:

1) Why? I know it is silly to ask, seeing that you are RubangB and you are a ghost...but why?

2) It would offend me, but I guess you can pretty much do anything you want, so long as you don't tell people you are doing it...otherwise there will be others who are so lenient as me...sry if that sounded too serious.

Explanation of sig:

I am a Pakistani.....my name is Dan....how hard is that? (Don't ask about the 101...apparantely there are more of me out there....)

Acevil said:
arsenicazure said:
pakidan101 said:
bloody swamp said:
pakidan101 said:

No disrespect intended.

You are naming extreme cases in Islamic culture and sadly this is common in some parts of the middle east, but I do know Pakistan and India muslims. These countries aren't that big on covering women up, locking them at home and denying them education, if this were true... my mother who is muslim would have not suceeded past my dad in her career, I could actually rant about the other stuff, but what you just wrote but your statement is like if I took an example from South of United States, and decided to label that as America, in lamest terms a bunch of inbred idiots.

ofcourse there are..Im not saying every muslim is a wife beater or bigot. But the number is highly more substantial than what would be considered abhorrent in other religions. How often do you hear of honour killings(pakistan,afghanistan), female circumscision(egypt/saudi arabia), homosexuals being thrown off rooftops/execution(iran,yemen), women denied (m)any rights( saudi arabia, afghanistan, parts of pakistan,iran) in other countries where other religions have a more respresentative majority, and why despite all these years the moderate muslim has not spoken against mullahs or governments.

The only difference between the rest of the world at this point and the muslim world, is that while muslims look at qura'an as the final word, the rest just look at conscience, karma and common sense. Something the makers of the videogame defintely do require, as do the rest of us.

At the end of the day its a stupid game, and if you think it will offend you its best left untouched, kinda like a bottle of wine or a dish of pork

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

pakidan101 said:
arsenicazure said:
These Gods are all boring. This game should use older Gods, like Zeus, Odin, Ra, and others. The classic ballers. Why would prophets be fighting gods anyway?

But it seems they covered their own asses by having a version that censors Muhammad's face, right?

Theo van Gogh nods his dead head.

I still don't think murder is a good way to combat the argument that your religion is intolerant and/or sexist. All that says is "You forgot to mention we're murderers too."

These extremists are idiots and they're ruining everything for all the tolerant Muslims, like the ones here on VGC, and my awesome roommate.

Indeed and I concur.

Sorry for bringing in Star Wars (man, that lore covers a lot...no wonder the Force is a religion in some places) but that is why anger is frowned upon...b/c it leads to hate and to the Dark Side.

Extremists on all facets of life...including Atheism...is just a terrible way of life.

worst coment in vgchartz history. you sound like osama bin laden, but you dont seem to notice. people are kill in your country for not believing in god. do you know that?

lol, epic, keep gaming a FREE media!