By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo 3 or Metal Gear Solid 4. Which is the greatest/most influential game.

Oh God!!!

Around the Network

Halo has books on the New York Times best seller list, action figures and toys, it's own mountain dew drink, appreaded on Slurpee cups, getting it's own version of RISK, Red vs. Blue and many other things, MGS hasn't really gotten passed the video game world, it'll get a movie since it went exclusive with sony though.

matt247 said:
Halo has books on the New York Times best seller list, action figures and toys, it's own mountain dew drink, appreaded on Slurpee cups, getting it's own version of RISK, Red vs. Blue and many other things, MGS hasn't really gotten passed the video game world, it'll get a movie since it went exclusive with sony though.

WOAH WOAH WOAH!!!!  

I love Risk and Halo!!!  

Both get slated equally by opposite fanboys so it's about a tie. To me the best test of a exclusives influence is how many spoiler votes it gets on Metacritic

Greatest? Debatable.

Influencial? Halo 3 for sure. Think about the gamer fuel and other marketing!

Around the Network

well mgs4 won in story graphics hype department and halo controls online and replayabilty department so in my eyes they both win :)

Halo 3. If it is anything like Halo 2 people will be playing this game for the next 5 years online. Truly fantastic multiplayer will stay with people more than a memorable story

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

You can't really compare them, they are both top notch games. Haven't played Halo 3 much but I can say MGS4 was epic for me. It did an amazing job on the story and filling stuff in.

Both will be forgotten and no one will remember these two games.

Sarcasm/

Neither will truly become all time greats until they have their own Honey Nut Cheerios commercial.

Game Fuel is a great first step, but everyone knows that being with Buzz the Bee on National Television truly brings one greatness.

Witness... the powah!