By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo 3 or Metal Gear Solid 4. Which is the greatest/most influential game.

@d21lewis

Yes the Halo series will be around for awhile. As long as Microsoft is up and Bungie is still alive, you can best believe this series will continue.

On Topic: I have played MGS4, just a few chapters I got far to the point I was searching for Naomi. And Halo 3, well that game is the best of the best. When it comes to campaign and multi-player mode. This game shines strong and every 360 owner should own this game and try it out.

Around the Network

360 fans - Halo 3

PS3 fans - MGS4 ..

whats the point to this thread?

Don't know about Halo 3, but MGS4 was incredible.

That said, I think the first iterations of both franchises (MGS for the PSX and Halo: CE for the XB) will be remembered the most because, well, they were the first.

As much as I hate to say it, Halo 3 was bigger. Can't say they would have a big long-term effect though. I'd say the first Halo was more important; Halo 3 just secured the brand on 360. And MGS4... Well, just another huge game but not that much of an impact.

Halo >>> Halo 3 > MGS (series)

Of course MGS4 was an important exclusive; it was the only huge PS3-exclusive. Maybe MGS4 is not important but losing it could have been.

both are good but mgs4

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network

^ Yes, Halo is miles bigger, but from playing both games............I must MGS4 is of so much more quality. If you like the MGS story, then Its not even close.

MGS4 was a huge letdown for me...

MGS1 > anything halo

But Halo 3 > MGS4

Both have somewhat underwhelming campaigns...but halo 3 is much more fun online, or with 4 player co-op. It delivers in online and coop what it lacks in campaign "epicness".

As a halo 3 player, I am blowing up Scarabs with my buddies while you are watching a 45 minute cinematic where Otacon cries for the 3rd time...

megaman.2. said:

Both Halo 3 and Metal Gear Solid 4 were the conclusions to two of the greatest franchises in Gaming History. Which game had the ultimate sent off, which legacy will not forgotten. Halo 3 or Mgs4?

Which lived up to the hype?

Let's settle it once and for all, Halo 3 or Mgs4 which deserves the title of Greatest/most influential game.

Both Icons faced one last fight, which will be remembered or forgotten?

By Megaman.2.

Neither franchise/character is about to written off or finished anytime soon, I'd say.

flames_of - "I think you're confusing Bush with Chuck Norris."

Wii: 80-85 Million end of 2009 (1.1.09)

uhh for a tipic like this you think they would include the game that should actually win..

that being Super Mario Galaxy

hello how are you.

To me MGS4 was more of the same. A long boring movie with some mildly entertaining gameplay tossed in between cutscenes. I actually disliked MGS on my Playstation. I thought the control was off, the graphics (good for PS1) were bland, and the never ending babbling was just annoying. The part with the mind controlled controller and reading my memory cards was just stupid. I hate when writers break the 4th wall unless I'm watching a comedy.

I skipped on the XBOX because I was neck deep in my PS2 and Gamecube games (maybe ankle deep in Gamecube games) and never got into Halo. When I got my X360 one of my first games was Halo 3, mostly to see why there was so much hype.

Playing through the campain was a little redundant after awhile, I don't really care for the checkpoint setup, and I just plain suck at FPS so I was getting killed alot. The pace was great though. Then I tried multiplayer and that was it. Halo 3 actually reminded me of the days when I'd stay up until 5am playing Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. The control is perefct for a non-Wii console FPS, the graphics are more than adequate, and the online is extremely addictive.

I since bought Halo and Halo 2, both are excellent games as well. If Halo 3 failed to live up to the hype, it's only because nothing could have. If it had I'm pretty sure everyone else would just stop making games because every person on earth that saw it wold have to get a 360 and a copy of it.

Halo 3 = more influential IMO