By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Homosexuality In Games?

The Ghost of RubangB said:
I'd play any game with a gay protagonist.  I want more diversity in my protagonists.  I want to play as more old people, women, gays, babies, and inanimate objects.

+1

Around the Network
haxxiy said:
I'd play any game with a gay protagonist.  I want more diversity in my protagonists.  I want to play as more old people, women, gays, babies, and inanimate objects.

+1

You need Kula World in your life.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

I don't have a friend nearby with a PS3 sadly. Sounds like a rad game, but I don't know where I'd be able to try it out. All my real life friends have Wii/DS/360s.

Oh snap, it's the guys who made Flow. This sounds way better though. Haha, Wiki says their first student project, Cloud, was inspired by Katamari. Now I have to download Cloud and find out how I can try Flower. Anything inspired by Katamari is good. Katamari is god.

I don't have a friend nearby with a PS3 sadly. Sounds like a rad game, but I don't know where I'd be able to try it out. All my real life friends have Wii/DS/360s.

Oh snap, it's the guys who made Flow. This sounds way better though. Haha, Wiki says their first student project, Cloud, was inspired by Katamari. Now I have to download Cloud and find out how I can try Flower. Anything inspired by Katamari is good. Katamari is god.

Flower is fucking brilliant, and if I had things my way, every PS3 owner would already have bought the game

Do whatever you can to play it!

Khuutra said:
Fire Emblem 7 deals with the question of homosexuality and incest, though not in an explicit way.

I'd prefer that homosexuality be a facet of a character, rather than their only identifying feature. Being gay doesn't mean that that defines your entire character.

Very much this.

I wouldn't mind playing a game with a gay protagonist, not in the least. It should only be a small fraction of the game anyway, I mean, it's not like a game changes when the lead character is black intead of white, or a girl instead of a guy, so why would anything change if the character were gay?

Also, that'd be so original, don't remember who offered the idea here, but that you discover the character's gay at the end of the game.

It'd be so funny of Miyamoto revealed Link was gay in a future Zelda title. XD I mean, yes he keeps saving the princess, but apart from that, he doesn't actually seem all that interested in Zelda, ever. :p Or in any of the other females who seem interested in him, for that matter. Always the evasive attitude, never any physical contact or even the slightest hint of love or interest...

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network

as long as nothing gay happens on screen im ok with it, oh and in Fallout you can be gay is you want to

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

Is Birdo gay if she's biologically male but identifies as a female?

Because Birdo is definitely biologically male but considered female by Nintendo's tolerant cast of characters. And Yoshi is considered biologically male even though he lays eggs. With those said:

There's also a trans character in Streets of Rage, that was supposed to be male in Japan but female in America. But I don't think she's in a relationship with a male egg-laying dinosaur, so the sexuality question hasn't come up with her, so it's just an identity thing.

Oh yeah, i just remembered Bridget from Guilty Gear. It never says he's gay or anything, and i know his backstory. He get's hit on by other guys but he never gets too angry about it.

But i also remeber the saying, "I'd go gay for Bridget."

I really don't think it matter wants the story fits.

4 ≈ One

What character from Metal Gear Solid 2/3/4 was gay? I can't recall any.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.