By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Homosexuality In Games?

@Khuutra

Eww.. Raven and Priscilla

At least that's not as bad as Vaida and her wyverm.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

Im gonna back to this thread later, I have to goto work,...I really feel like if i can get my point across i can show you guys we already could be playing with gay charcters

Mendicate Bias said:
Why do they have to go out of their way to promote the characters sexuality? Unless the plot specifically involves a romance then why even care?

To answer the op no I would not play a game if the entire pretext for the game revolved around playing as a gay character. I don't care if your straight, gay or like fucking chickens I don't want it shoved in my face when I'm playing.

Also what an above poster said about projection of self into the character is very important. Can you imagine the faces of all the 15 year old boys when they boot up Gears of War 3 and the story revolves around Marcus finding his old boyfriend lover?

I'm not saying it has to be in your face. Actually i would like it if they never had sex or sexuality in video games, i really don't see the reason for except to arouse those 15 year olds. Because i'm sure that is all we could ever get. But go back and read what i wrote to mesoteto the second time. I need to also feel like i can identify but it won't stop me from enjoying the game.

Xxain said:
Im gonna back to this thread later, I have to goto work,...I really feel like if i can get my point across i can show you guys we already could be playing with gay charcters

Nobody is going to take you seriously when you present pairings usually held up by yaoi fangirls as being indicative of the possibilities of already playing as gay characters, I'm sorry.

@Khuutra

You should read the A rank support speech with Oswin and Dorcas. Natalie would have freaked. ;P

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

I find this thread disturbing.

Khuutra said:
Xxain said:

Nobody is going to take you seriously when you present pairings usually held up by yaoi fangirls as being indicative of the possibilities of already playing as gay characters, I'm sorry.

khuutra....i was being sarcastic with the FF and KH characters...what im goinb to talk about is what i learned in Character creation chapter in one of my classes, its about making a character appealing to a large demograph...

@light---yeah I can see your side, which mean you should be able to see mine, I am not saying making the main character will instantly make the game bad, it just wont be my cup of tea as much b/c I tend to play games to get away from reality and become some one else,

Its like when I was little reading adventure books, I did it as an escape and an adventure, the same now applies to my video games

I know I will never be a 300 lb piece or rock in armor wielding a sweet chain saw gun but I can pretend I am and b/c it’s a guy I can relate better

I know I will never be a sweet space engineer forced into a life and death situation while I try to track down my old girlfriend…but its easy to pretend I am

But if you change it up to me being a gay space engineer I have more trouble doing that b/c ..well I am not gay and really wouldn’t want to stick my neck out for a guy…..maybe if it was my brother

Its like I said, changing character models shouldn’t be hard simple leave the story alone and swap out your main choice

If your going to be crashing threw the forest in search of your love give the option to pick a girl main character or a guy main character and the same for your love

I mean with the size of blu surely you could have two sets of voice tracks and two sets of character models for the main people right?

@Axumblade
I think that kind of surprise ending could go down in gaming history as one of the best surprises ever. How many times has Saumus being a girl been touted as one of the best ending ever? And I'm sure some people hated that at the time, but got over it. I think the ending you describe could go over much the same way, except on a smaller scale.

mesoteto said:
@light---yeah I can see your side, which mean you should be able to see mine, I am not saying making the main character will instantly make the game bad, it just wont be my cup of tea as much b/c I tend to play games to get away from reality and become some one else,

Its like when I was little reading adventure books, I did it as an escape and an adventure, the same now applies to my video games

I know I will never be a 300 lb piece or rock in armor wielding a sweet chain saw gun but I can pretend I am and b/c it’s a guy I can relate better

I know I will never be a sweet space engineer forced into a life and death situation while I try to track down my old girlfriend…but its easy to pretend I am

But if you change it up to me being a gay space engineer I have more trouble doing that b/c ..well I am not gay and really wouldn’t want to stick my neck out for a guy…..maybe if it was my brother

Its like I said, changing character models shouldn’t be hard simple leave the story alone and swap out your main choice

If your going to be crashing threw the forest in search of your love give the option to pick a girl main character or a guy main character and the same for your love

I mean with the size of blu surely you could have two sets of voice tracks and two sets of character models for the main people right?

No, i understand your side as well, and i'm glad you understand mine. I actually like your idea about having the option to choose who you save. I think that will be the way it goes in the future. But i'm glad you said that, it makes more sense, everyone should have to option to go after who represents them more.

That's how it was in Jade Empire you got to flirt with what sex you wanted to.