By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - iPhone/iPod Touch Recommended Games

Are games on the Ipod touch worth buying? I'm thinking of getting one.

Around the Network
CaptainPrefrences said:
Are games on the Ipod touch worth buying? I'm thinking of getting one.

Obviously I think they are, i did kinda make a thread about it - so i'm a little biased, but what kind of games do you like and I bet I can give you examples of good games like that you can get on the iPhone.

Currently dreaming of: DKC4 or Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (classic 2D platformers) for WiiWare, Smash Bros. for DSi, New Super Mario World for DSi, a Wii remake or true sequel of Final Fantasy Tactics.

One down, hopefully more awesomeness to come.

If you are after something pilot wings'ish I'd recommend Glyder.

VGhippy said:

I saw that and have heard it is a fun game, but what do you do in it besides fly around? (although if that's all it is it still might be fun :)

Currently dreaming of: DKC4 or Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (classic 2D platformers) for WiiWare, Smash Bros. for DSi, New Super Mario World for DSi, a Wii remake or true sequel of Final Fantasy Tactics.

SJGohan3972 said:
VGhippy said:

I saw that and have heard it is a fun game, but what do you do in it besides fly around? (although if that's all it is it still might be fun :)

Hi there.

I mainly just fly around but there is a fair bit to do and collect. There are lot's of crystals dotted around the islands that open up new areas if you collect them. There are also platforms that you are suppose to fly between and these have target times if you want to get achievements. And yeah, finally it has an achievement system so you can get achievements for target times, collecting enough crystals, flying higher that 2000 feet and so on. It is indeed a fun little game =)

Around the Network

awesome, I will probably pick that up after I get my next itunes card (TOMMOROW!!!! :)

It's even more impressive when I haven't even bought a touch yet

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Strategyking92 said:
It's even more impressive when I haven't even bought a touch yet

Nice, your gonna have a lot to do when you finally get one :)

SJGohan3972 said:
Rab said:
Smeags said:

Nice job SJGohan, looking forward to the fruits of your labor.

Any Tower Defense games you'd recommend? I'm kind of a TD Nut (What's this Dota they talk about on WarCraft? ) so I'd love to play on the go.

GeoDefense is great TD game on the iPhone, costs about a $1

IGN Review 8.2 (Impressive) - http://au.wireless.ign.com/articles/967/967244p1.html

Nice catch Rab, there are so many good games like these out there that its hard to know them all, I may get this one as well.

Jeronimo66 said:
I made a thread about the iphone and how excited I was about it the potential of iphone games and I got blasted, maybe it's because I didn't show enough games like you did, but thank you for posting this, I feel better now.

Here is the link to my iphone thread:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=69540&page=1

actually that thread and the negative backlash you got in it was one of the reasons why I made this thread, people don't have to get all uppity when someone likes something they don't, and they should definatly look at some of the games out there before judging the iPhone.

I appreciate that very much man thanks.

I really don't think it's fair to compare an ipod touch to a ds or psp though.. Yet.
And I really wouldn't have it any other way, totally different libraries.

I wish it were easier to browse titles by only the developer though, as I wanna keep track of what the big guys (capcom, konami, gameloft, THQ) are doing separate from the indie devs.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive