By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - iPhone/iPod Touch Recommended Games

MDMAniac said:

Wow, iphone turns out to be quite a beast as a gaming handheld! I love some of these screenshots above, thank you

No Problem, i'm hoping more people see that the iPhone is turning out to be a great gaming device, and keep in mind the app store has only been open for about 9 months - more good stuff to come believe me.

Goddbless said:
Thanks to this thread I think I will be buying Hero of Sparta, Oregon Trail and maybe that Galaga Remix.

Hero of Sparta is an awesome game, but it is only about 5-6 hours long unfortunately - definately worth it though.Oregon Trail is very fun, a whole lot of little mini games (fishing, hunting, wagon fixing, telegraph, paning for gold, berry picking) that keep it fresh and fun.Galaga Remix is a stand up port that Namco did very well, in fact they are releasing a bunch of arcade ports that I am having fun with, just downloaded Time Crisis Strike and its a blast.
Nik24 said:

If you're looking for really great and cheap apps you should probably get "IDracula".
An amazing game for just 2.99$. Another great one is "Enigmo". It's quite hard though but definetely worth it.

iDracula seems cool but I'm not usually into Vampire games (but then again I know I shouldn't let the premise of a game keep me from enjoying a really good game) and Enigmo is an awesome puzzler (yes it is hard) in fact Pangea has come out with several really good iPhone games (no wonder, they have been a Mac game developer for like 20 some years)

Currently dreaming of: DKC4 or Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (classic 2D platformers) for WiiWare, Smash Bros. for DSi, New Super Mario World for DSi, a Wii remake or true sequel of Final Fantasy Tactics.

One down, hopefully more awesomeness to come.

Around the Network

Well IDracula is REALLY engaging. You have like 3 different stages and 4 different modes.
Furthermore there are highscore lists and by killing certain enemies you receive so-called "omens".
With a certain amount you reach the next level, e.g I'm now a "hunter " (level 3 out of 15)
Besides, you can check out the lite version before buying...

Edit: I just noticed that Idracula is only 0.99$

Nik24 said:

Well IDracula is REALLY engaging. You have like 3 different stages and 4 different modes.
Furthermore there are highscore lists and by killing certain enemies you receive so-called "omens".
With a certain amount you reach the next level, e.g I'm now a "hunter " (level 3 out of 15)
Besides, you can check out the lite version before buying...

Edit: I just noticed that Idracula is only 0.99$

Sounds like a really good game, only $.99 and a lite version to try out - nice.

I will go try it out.

Currently dreaming of: DKC4 or Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (classic 2D platformers) for WiiWare, Smash Bros. for DSi, New Super Mario World for DSi, a Wii remake or true sequel of Final Fantasy Tactics.

In addition to the games already mentioned, I can recommend iShoot and GalCon.

iShoot is a tank artillery game that pretty much replicates Scorched Earth on the iPhone. It has loads of weapons, great customization options (design your own weapons, for example) and multiplayer over a local WLAN.

http://www.ethannicholas.com/iShoot/

GalCon is a real time strategy where you take over planets and annihilate your enemy. It has five different single player game modes with ten different levels of difficulty and online (via 3G and WiFi) multiplayer with up to 4 players. The new version adds 2 vs. 2 multiplayer mode, but I haven't tried that out yet so I don't know how it works. The game is quite simple and easy to learn but requires skill and quick thinking. And it uses the touch controls just right.

http://www.galcon.com/iphone/

Pocket tanks is free for the ipod touch!
Jelly car is also free (something xbox owners were willing to pay for cause' it was so good)

Oh, and here is supposedly the best looking iPod Touch game ever:
http://www.2xlgames.com/supercross/
So Far I think I have pre-downloaded 154 apps. Over a hundred of them being games.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network
Plaupius said:
In addition to the games already mentioned, I can recommend iShoot and GalCon.

iShoot is a tank artillery game that pretty much replicates Scorched Earth on the iPhone. It has loads of weapons, great customization options (design your own weapons, for example) and multiplayer over a local WLAN.

http://www.ethannicholas.com/iShoot/

GalCon is a real time strategy where you take over planets and annihilate your enemy. It has five different single player game modes with ten different levels of difficulty and online (via 3G and WiFi) multiplayer with up to 4 players. The new version adds 2 vs. 2 multiplayer mode, but I haven't tried that out yet so I don't know how it works. The game is quite simple and easy to learn but requires skill and quick thinking. And it uses the touch controls just right.

http://www.galcon.com/iphone/

Great suggestions, I'll be sure to look those up

Strategyking92 said:
Pocket tanks is free for the ipod touch! 
Jelly car is also free (something xbox owners were willing to pay for cause' it was so good)

Oh, and here is supposedly the best looking iPod Touch game ever:
http://www.2xlgames.com/supercross/
So Far I think I have pre-downloaded 154 apps. Over a hundred of them being games.

Sweet! I love free games, and that supercross game does look like it has good graphics, i've never really been much into sports games though - but if that's your thing I hear EA just released Tiger Woods Golf on the app store.

and wow that's alot of apps....

TapTap Revenge is all I have right now and its fun :)

seece said:

God yes, have you downloaded Tap Tap Revenge 2? it's free as well and has a bunch new stuff like better songs, graphics, online, career mode, better multiplayer, etc.

SJGohan3972 said:
seece said:

God yes, have you downloaded Tap Tap Revenge 2? it's free as well and has a bunch new stuff like better songs, graphics, online, career mode, better multiplayer, etc.

wow I'll try that

thanks!!

Are games on the Ipod touch worth buying? I'm thinking of getting one.