By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz plays Guild Wars

I'll play more once I get more time on my hands, but I'm also nearing my exams, so...

Around the Network

Adding heroes to GW made the game easier to form parties.. But it also made it easier to go it solo, which kills the whole fun of guild wars: Teamwork out of necessity. Especially since everybody knows henchmen suck.

It's a love/hate relationship, but I'm leaning more toward the love side.
"THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!" I had to say it before anybody else did.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Alright, I'm getting a bit more time on my hands now, and I'm ready to play a bit more. If anyone are up for something, give me a shout.

How does the pvp in this game compare to WoW?

And how much time does it take to reach the high levels/get the top gear?

Dallinor said:
How does the pvp in this game compare to WoW?

And how much time does it take to reach the high levels/get the top gear?

I haven't played WoW PvP, but the two games are very different.

And reaching max level (20) is no challenge, and takes little time (though it depends on what campaign you play and how badly you want to level. Generally, between 10-20 hours of normal play would get you there I think). Getting top gear is no biggie either. There is a maximum level imposed on all armor, weaponry and upgrades of any kind, so the only difference between the expensive armor and the not-so-expensive-but-still-max armor is the looks.

Getting a perfect weapon is a bit more difficult and time consuming, but you will rarely need a perfect weapon.

On top of all that, you can create PvP only characters, which start in level 20 and have access to all weapons, upgrades and skills you have unlocked on your account. You either unlock things by finding them in PvE or you buy them with faction earned from PvP battles.

In the end, all this ensures that you do not rely on your equipment, but on your skills. You can only ever have 8 skills equipped at a time, so strategy and skill is what brings you forward in this game, both in PvE and PvP.

Around the Network

I have this game, but I only played it for like a month back in 2006. If I have the time, I may try to get into it again.

Cool. Now I just wish people were more active, but I don't know when ya'll are done with your exams

argh this thread must not die

I love Guild Wars!

I think you're a little late for that. I haven't even played myself for a long time now...