^LMAO

--edit--

at onyx... not wfz

Around the Network
wfz said:
ctk495 said:
iclim4 said:
Akvod said:

I don't know... I don't want to have a GF/Wife based completely off of sex... but when I want to have sex, I want to have it with someone hot.

I hope I don't sound really cynical, but I don't think "true love" exists, which is romantic love completely independent of sex. Why do we only "fall in love" with people within our sexual orientation (is that worded right?)? Het. Men will only go for women. Vice Versa. Gay men will only go for men, and gay women will only for women.

You could point at old couples, and how most couples don't even have sex anymore, but I (without any scientific knowledge or proof) believe that it's more based on obligation, and at those stages, the love isn't the traditional "romantic love", but almost like the love you have for friends and families. You love someone only because they're familiar to you.

My explanation centers on instinct and that doesn't cover the mindset of marriage. Just wanted to give my 2 cents on why there's a double standard on guys being cool and girls being sluts.

And your view on love is very cold. I still believe in it, that true love exists, but I'm open to the possibility that it may simply be because of my naivity. I'd talk more but I gtg.

That is probably the most emo statement ever,and you accuse me of being a girl,lol.

Believing in true love means you're Emo?

What the hell? I haven't been paying attention to the Emo fad in the past few years, but last I checked, that wasn't in the definition at all.

I'm very much into true love, but I think it's a bit broader than only 1 person in the entire world. :P I do however strongly believe in being faithful, and I'd love nothing more than to be with one amazing girl for the rest of my life. That's what I've been looking for and what I'll continue looking for. I'm also a sucker for cute love stories, what can I say?

Yep it has evolve over the course of time and now the term has a broader meaning.

Well, emos caring about true love seems to be quite a good turn of events! It's better than the "no one loves me", "Going to kill myself" attitudes. :P

Onyxmeth said:
Akvod said:
Onyxmeth said:

Can somebody with the mindset that sex is meaningful enough to be cherishable in a romantic relationship explain it to me? I don't want to shit on your beliefs. I just don't get it. I've loved many, many people over the course of my life, and sex has never been a deciding factor in any of them.

Assuming you're either straight or homosexual, have you ever entered a rommantic relationship outside your sexual preference? If no, then sex clearly was a deciding factor in them.

Also what you were referring to was sexual attraction, not sex itself.

I don't see the diference really... one is the desire to do the action, and the other is the action it's self. So the action clearly had an impact if your desire for it limited the people you've ever "romanticly" falled in loved with.

iclim4 said:
Akvod said:

I don't know... I don't want to have a GF/Wife based completely off of sex... but when I want to have sex, I want to have it with someone hot.

I hope I don't sound really cynical, but I don't think "true love" exists, which is romantic love completely independent of sex. Why do we only "fall in love" with people within our sexual orientation (is that worded right?)? Het. Men will only go for women. Vice Versa. Gay men will only go for men, and gay women will only for women.

You could point at old couples, and how most couples don't even have sex anymore, but I (without any scientific knowledge or proof) believe that it's more based on obligation, and at those stages, the love isn't the traditional "romantic love", but almost like the love you have for friends and families. You love someone only because they're familiar to you.

My explanation centers on instinct and that doesn't cover the mindset of marriage. Just wanted to give my 2 cents on why there's a double standard on guys being cool and girls being sluts.

And your view on love is very cold. I still believe in it, that true love exists, but I'm open to the possibility that it may simply be because of my naivity. I'd talk more but I gtg.

I was kinda going on my own tangent in that post =/ Sorry. The only part I was really responding was the first sentence, where basically I find it ridiculous to riducle those who want to increase their sex appeal. Clearly sex appeal is important to... well... sex. If you take that first part and combine it with the second part, I basicly say that it's clearly logical why people do this. It's not that I approve of our society, humanity, or love, but I just have a cynical view of it =/ I don't think it's cool or correct. A lot of it's from my gut and unscientific, so I don't really have high regard for my opinion/theory either.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
Akvod said:
Onyxmeth said:

Can somebody with the mindset that sex is meaningful enough to be cherishable in a romantic relationship explain it to me? I don't want to shit on your beliefs. I just don't get it. I've loved many, many people over the course of my life, and sex has never been a deciding factor in any of them.

Assuming you're either straight or homosexual, have you ever entered a rommantic relationship outside your sexual preference? If no, then sex clearly was a deciding factor in them.

That doesn't account for people who don't like sex at all (asexuals), or people who are romantically attracted to one gender but sexually attracted to another gender (who Karl Ulrichs called "disjunctive uranodionings").  I knew a girl who would only have sex with men but would only masturbate to pictures of naked women.  And as you pointed out, it doesn't account for bisexuals.  They may feel romantic love for both genders but only feel sexual desire for one of them, or they may feel sexual desire for both genders but only feel romantic love for one of them.

If someone can fall in love with somebody who is physically unable to have sex due to illness or injury, then sex and love aren't related.

I was referring only to Onyx, where I clearly said that this example only applies to Homosexuals/Hetrosexuals. Bi-sexuals, Ae-sexuals, and people who seperate sex and "romantic" love.

As for the girl masturbating to pictures of naked women, I'll bluntly say that she's bi-sexual, and she should just fess up to it, like I fess up that I'm a Sony fanboy.

I also didn't point out the bi-sexual part until now =D (I'm doing this sentence by sentence). You must by a psychic or something =D But yeah, my example falls flat once we get to Bi-sexuals.

However, I, again very cynically, unscientifically, and mostly based on my gut feeling, view those who don't have sexual attraction part of their romantic love, to be romanticly in love at all. To me, that goes back to obligation, and family love thing.

I don't want to argue anymore =D I don't think my opinion if fact, nor supported that well. I just wanted to add my 2 cents and stimulate some questions/debate. I too, am tired and want to sleep soon.

ctk495 said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

Why is it that some guys keep score and brag to their friends about it? 

Guys turn it into something competitive just like everything else...

But aren´t  you a guy?You make it sound as if you were....

OT:Personal Experience?

Guess I was in too much of a hurry when I wrote that.  I meant to say "we" of course.

And yeah, I know a lot of people who tend to sleep around--guys and girls.  It's just that guys seem to take more pride in it and brag more than girls do.  Though... I guess it's similar to how often girls put other girls down for being tramps.

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:
ctk495 said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

Guess I was in too much of a hurry when I wrote that.  I meant to say "we" of course.

And yeah, I know a lot of people who tend to sleep around--guys and girls.  It's just that guys seem to take more pride in it and brag more than girls do.  Though... I guess it's similar to how often girls put other girls down for being tramps.

Think of it like hunting. If you bag a prize winning doe, you're going to want to brag about it...and then mount it's head on your wall.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Akvod said:
I was kinda going on my own tangent in that post =/ Sorry. The only part I was really responding was the first sentence, where basically I find it ridiculous to riducle those who want to increase their sex appeal. Clearly sex appeal is important to... well... sex. If you take that first part and combine it with the second part, I basicly say that it's clearly logical why people do this. It's not that I approve of our society, humanity, or love, but I just have a cynical view of it =/ I don't think it's cool or correct. A lot of it's from my gut and unscientific, so I don't really have high regard for my opinion/theory either.

I didn't ridicule them.
I asked a question.

iclim4 said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:
I think guys are supposed to pay for girls' drinks to try to make up for the fact that they always make more money than them.

Women are supposed to spend like 5 hours a day shaving and waxing and plucking and beautifying their naturally disgusting bodies for our viewing pleasure, so they don't have as much time to focus on their work. So they get free beer. Which makes them fat and ugly.

I'll never make sense out of this.

I'm curious, who forces them to do this?

The reason I asked is because Rubang stated it as if they were obligated to do so because of us men.
My guess would be, the same reason men spend hours and hours in the gym doing reps to build muscle.
Self-gain. The same conclussion you went to. I think there was some miscommunication between us somewhere.

ctk495 said:
wfz said:
ctk495 said:

That is probably the most emo statement ever,and you accuse me of being a girl,lol.

Believing in true love means you're Emo?

What the hell? I haven't been paying attention to the Emo fad in the past few years, but last I checked, that wasn't in the definition at all.

I'm very much into true love, but I think it's a bit broader than only 1 person in the entire world. :P I do however strongly believe in being faithful, and I'd love nothing more than to be with one amazing girl for the rest of my life. That's what I've been looking for and what I'll continue looking for. I'm also a sucker for cute love stories, what can I say?

Yep it has evolve over the course of time and now the term has a broader meaning.

Dunno If I'm still in the "hip" circle, but from last I heard "emo" just means emotional.
It's not really a bad thing at all. It's ironic that the term "emo" was used to be used to refer to people who are indifferent.
Of course the stigma for the term "emo" still exist.

And believing in love doesn't make me any less of a man or more of a girl CTK. =P

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Words Of Wisdom said:
ctk495 said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

YAYY I knew you were a guy wow your too smart to be a girl.

hahaha in I told you luinil,zexen,pichu,mario and all the other guys he is a GUY,I girl will never pwned me.

Onyxmeth said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
ctk495 said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

Think of it like hunting. If you bag a prize winning doe, you're going to want to brag about it...and then mount it's head on your wall.

Maybe that's true if you hunt with the barrel of the gun in your mouth.  A lot of guys couldn't come up with a good "pick-up line" if their lives depended on it.

You don't bag the doe, it drives your sorry drunken arse home out of pity. 

Onyxmeth said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

Sounds hawt.
Me just got a boner.

Words Of Wisdom said:
Onyxmeth said:

Maybe that's true if you hunt with the barrel of the gun in your mouth.  A lot of guys couldn't come up with a good "pick-up line" if their lives depended on it.

Does the chloroform one count? =P

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags?