By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Next Big Thing in Gaming IS...?

Munkeh111 said:
3D, hopefully it won't be too long before we are seeing holograms like Princess Leia

My dissrtation was on 3D displays and no, it won't be too far away.

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
3D, hopefully it won't be too long before we are seeing holograms like Princess Leia

Yaaay!!!

So what would be harder projective to an eye or hologram? Sounds like having a direct eye projector would be easier.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

.jayderyu said:
So what would be harder projective to an eye or hologram? Sounds like having a direct eye projector would be easier.

True-

Personally, I would be the last one to use it. I would want to make sure eyes aren't damaged by the technology.

.jayderyu said:

Prallax display I reckon lol.

There are a few good formats.

Around the Network
CHYUII said:
Kzoellner said:
The next big real gaming will be called real life.....

I doubt it. Sony,Nintendo, and Microsoft would not want to be responsible for the law suits resulting from people playing that game. Anything can happen to you in Real Life. If they released it they would have to have a large warning sticker on the side that says: See Clerk to Read the 5,000 page manual and to sign the waiver that excludes our company from any perils that may befall you.

Ha I agree. I imagine at the very end of it they will ask you to sign over your soul.

Arcades will make a comeback.

Kzoellner said:
CHYUII said:
Kzoellner said:
The next big real gaming will be called real life.....

I doubt it. Sony,Nintendo, and Microsoft would not want to be responsible for the law suits resulting from people playing that game. Anything can happen to you in Real Life. If they released it they would have to have a large warning sticker on the side that says: See Clerk to Read the 5,000 page manual and to sign the waiver that excludes our company from any perils that may befall you.

Ha I agree. I imagine at the very end of it they will ask you to sign over your soul.

What game system do you own?

Most of us have been drafted into a war we did not start and we fight for no pay.

We fight these wars against TROLLS and burning FLAMES just so that our platforms will dominate.

I give my life to General Reggie the Ruthless, Admiral Miyamotto the Mighty, and King Iwata the Invicible!!

(It's not my soul but it's pretty close =-P)

Mr.Y said:

Arcades will make a comeback.

As long as Street Fighter 3 is there I wouldn't mind.

Nintendo's quasi-holographic (I am not kidding) storage solution.

With the space this tech allows, the Big N's next system will have space far surpassing the HD systems of today, aloowing development on games larger than ever before.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."