By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGchartz's Demon's Souls thread

I have it reserved, but have yet to pay it off!

Around the Network

Hey this is my first post on the forums, and thought I would say that I have preordered the deluxe edition.  After reading about it here and watching game play videos, it became a first day buy.

On a side note, I am looking forward to how hardcore this game looks (deaths too) and for all the people who invade my game, be gentle >.<;;

Artis said:

Hey this is my first post on the forums, and thought I would say that I have preordered the deluxe edition.  After reading about it here and watching game play videos, it became a first day buy.

On a side note, I am looking forward to how hardcore this game looks (deaths too) and for all the people who invade my game, be gentle >.<;;

Hi Artis. Welcome to the forums.

Glad to see that you're going to be getting Demon's Souls. It's not that hard. Just accept that you're going to die, learn from your mistakes and improve your actual gameplay skill and you'll be fine. Definately let us know how you find it once you've had some time with it.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Wow, that video was fantastic wenlan!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Artis said:

Welcome to the forums!

I hope you enjoy the game when you get it, and feel free to ask us for help in a time of need.  ^_^

Around the Network

And I'm going to have it too! Ordered the deluxe version from Canada to be sent to UK. The Game looks so good. Can't wait to play it.

Hey thanks for the welcomes =), I'll be sure to post my character info once I get him going.  Thinking my first guy will be a temple knight or a ranger, both classes look pretty nice to me.

Ha the past week, I have been telling my roommate how many days are left till the 6th for Demon's Souls.  He seems pretty excited for it too, just one more week!

*edit* I meant hunter not ranger :S

Artis said:

Hey thanks for the welcomes =), I'll be sure to post my character info once I get him going.  Thinking my first guy will be a temple knight or a ranger, both classes look pretty nice to me.

Ha the past week, I have been telling my roommate how many days are left till the 6th for Demon's Souls.  He seems pretty excited for it too, just one more week!

welcome to the VGChartz Artis.

if you want to be a temple knight, you will have to train yourself become a melee type player

save your level upgrade for Faith, Strength, and Dexterity for the weapons that take advantage of high Faith level.

you will need a lot of Faintstone (splinter, chunk, and pure) to upgrade the weapons to "blessed" type

that can be tough because the number of chunk faintstone is very limited in each round, upgrade some decent weapons to +5 blessed can take you forever.  team up with friends who has no interests in becoming a temple knight and exchange your stone collection.  that's what i did when i played routinely with my co-op buddies.

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

Thanks for the info Wenlan, knowing all that really points me into the right direction.   It will be nice knowning what stats and  stones to collect once I start playing. =)

outlawauron said:
Wow, that video was fantastic wenlan!

i am glad you guys like it.

i have to do it, this song is so beautiful.....

KOKIA – That’s what humans are, right?

You wanted to be perfect and ideal?
You just wanted to copy someone else, right?
You don’t mind how you fly?
Isn’t the courage to be able to take off more important?

Even though you’ve said “I can’t go anymore”

Crying, smiling, worrying, waking, everything you feel makes what you are.
Living, existing, those simple things are what make me happy.
Believing, persisting, carrying on as many times as it takes,
Thats what humans are, right? The fact that we can forgive each other is wonderful.

Aren’t you tired of acting cool?
No one other than yourself cares.
Saying things like “I don’t want to bother you”,
Do you want to walk along the path of life alone?

Humans …

Helping each other, lending each other a shoulder, moving forward a bit just to reach a halt,
Breathing, taking a deep breath, sometimes will taking a deep sigh at the same time.
Thats what humans are, right? The fact that we can forgive each other is wonderful.

If you’re able to share with someone during times of happiness,
then even during times of pain, you won’t be alone,
as you would have experienced the joy of sharing with someone.

Helping each other, lending each other a shoulder, moving forward a bit just to reach a halt,
Breathing, taking a deep breath, sometimes will taking a deep sigh at the same time.

Crying, smiling, worrying, waking, everything you feel makes you.

If our naked selves see someone who is weak or lonely
Searching for warmth, we must allow them to move on in some way or another…

source: http://kashichan.wordpress.com/2008/04/30/kokia-人間ってそんなものね/

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX