By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGchartz's Demon's Souls thread

@lestatdark mmm sounds interesting that DBS....although I think it may be more useful in PvP, I do like to stay half-loaded, and wielding that weapon even with End 99 is impposible to stay light. When I had my lvl 265 Knight :'( ... I always wore the full Brushwood set, tower shield and north regalia WITHOUT needing the strength ring to stay half-loaded, so I had a little more room to mix my rings (I always like to equip the Warrior ring while wearing that armor if you know what I mean). I could wield the Meat Cleaver AND the full brushwood set but I had to replace the shield with the PurpleFlame which is a little lighter but great defense nonetheless, and be light without the str ring.

Around the Network

@Carl

How did he killed you? Also, with what were you attacking him and how?

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

gekkokamen said:
@lestatdark mmm sounds interesting that DBS....although I think it may be more useful in PvP, I do like to stay half-loaded, and wielding that weapon even with End 99 is impposible to stay light. When I had my lvl 265 Knight :'( ... I always wore the full Brushwood set, tower shield and north regalia WITHOUT needing the strength ring to stay half-loaded, so I had a little more room to mix my rings (I always like to equip the Champion ring while wearing that armor if you know what I mean). I could wield the Meat Cleaver AND the full brushwood set but I had to replace the shield with the PurpleFlame which is a little lighter but great defense nonetheless, and be light without the str ring.

Yeah, I like to use the Eternal King Ring for maximum stamina recovery as well ;) For now i'm at 50 endurance, so i'll have to use the Ring of Great Strength in order to equip both the DBS and the Tower Shield, and i'm only using the Binded Set to still stay light.

For now, it has been a great combination, even for bosses, i've yet to try it out in PvP xD. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

I've got his life to just below half using arrows...

Time to see if i can beat him this time.

lestatdark said:
@Carl

How did he killed you? Also, with what were you attacking him and how?

Bad luck really.

He kept on doing some jump back move, and we were both against a wall... I couldn't escape or heal

Around the Network

@Carl

How many were you taking out off him with the Arrows? Also, did he manage to get you with his spear, or did you run out of arrows and melee'd him?

Edit -  Also, make sure that if he does a lots of backward jumps, kite him to go away from the wall. Run towards the stairs, until he's an position that you want.

Current PC Build

Wasted 3 of the 4 CG's in 4-3 without killing them and only got chunks of the other one. Guess I'll have to rely on the CG in 4-2 for my pure darkmoonstone, unfortunately he's a difficult one to catch. If I lower my WT to black does that increase the chance of it dropping a pure stone rather than chunk? I want my Crescent Falchion +5 

He got me again! Same move!

I was taking about 30 off per arrow, but only had enough arrow's to take him to about half life.

Im gonna go around the castle again, get a load of souls and buy a load more arrows... I'll get him that way

Oh, is the Phalanx soul used for any equipment i should use? Or should i just eat it?

Just killed a guy with red eyes and a spear and got 2000 souls... Nice

Carl2291 said:
He got me again! Same move!

I was taking about 30 off per arrow, but only had enough arrow's to take him to about half life.

Im gonna go around the castle again, get a load of souls and buy a load more arrows... I'll get him that way

Oh, is the Phalanx soul used for any equipment i should use? Or should i just eat it?

Do you have the soul arrow spell? I found it quite easy to beat him once I learned that (in fact I found that the most useful weapon in the early game!) You may need some fresh spice to top up your MP or could use soul arrow and bow combination.