By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGchartz's Demon's Souls thread

@marciosmg

Don't go Dark on Purple Flame Shield, you'll waste it's biggest asset, the Guard Reduction. Just wait it out until you get the Dark Silver Shield in 5-3, it's the best 100% magical damage reduction shield in the whole game, you won't need any other ;)

I didn't use the light sets much when I first played the game, I thought that the more armour, the better, so I always wore the biggest, heaviest armour available. NG+ changed my view on armour completely xD Light armour and mobility > Heavy armour XD, that is, unless you do Heavy armour and mobility at the same time, which > godlike :P

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
@libellule

Are you far in MGS4? If you are, I suggest you take your time to finish it and then go to Demon's Souls, as it will consume most, if not all, of your time ;)

ok, I finished MGS4 ... not the best one for me.

Whatever, I launched DS, started to create character and then stopped because I had no clue which class I should go

.... I will take a random class using a dice lol

I got a 3 ==> hunter

WITHOUT SPOILING, it is a hard class to play ? average ? or easy ?

Time to Work !

libellule said:
lestatdark said:
@libellule

Are you far in MGS4? If you are, I suggest you take your time to finish it and then go to Demon's Souls, as it will consume most, if not all, of your time ;)

Whatever, I launched DS, started to create character and then stopped because I had no clue which class I should go

I got a 3 ==> hunter

Hunters are a nice class to start, two (a bit) harder ones are Barbarians and Mages. But hunter is pretty average in difficulty. (and later on, every class 'could' be almost the same, because everyone can learn everything).

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Crystalchild said:
libellule said:
lestatdark said:
@libellule

I got a 3 ==> hunter

Hunters are a nice class to start, two (a bit) harder ones are Barbarians and Mages. But hunter is pretty average in difficulty. (and later on, every class 'could' be almost the same, because everyone can learn everything).

oh, but this mean you dont have to try all the class since they are similar at the end ?

I m guessing making yuour barbar becoming badass mage is very long/hard ...

so I will go hunter !

Time to Work !

Oh crap! I just remembered I beat 3-2 and forgot to kill Yurt afterward on Nexus.

Gotta do that now!

Also, Merry Christmas everyone!

www.jamesvandermemes.com

Around the Network
libellule said:
lestatdark said:
@libellule

I got a 3 ==> hunter

Well, hunter is one of the class that's more of an average difficulty as Crystalchild said. The most beginner friendly class in the whole game is the Royalty, mainly because you start with a magic spell and MP regeneration ring, but since the Hunter also starts with a bow, you'll be able to do ranged damage as well, albeit with a much lower damage input.

Just remember to always play on the defensive, mostly with dodges instead of shield blocks. The Leather Shield is an average blocking shield, as it will reduce 90% of physical damage and 60% of fire damage, but you'll want to move into better shields once you get them.

@marciosmg

Yurt only begins his killing spree each time you exit and return to the nexus after finishing 3-2 and releasing him. Just make sure he hasn't killed any NPC in the Nexus, a friend of mine which I lent the game when my PS3 broke down, forgot about Yurt as well, and he got very unlucky, since Yurt killed Stockpile Thomas xD 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
libellule said:
lestatdark said:
@libellule

I got a 3 ==> hunter

Well, hunter is one of the class that's more of an average difficulty as Crystalchild said. The most beginner friendly class in the whole game is the Royalty, mainly because you start with a magic spell and MP regeneration ring, but since the Hunter also starts with a bow, you'll be able to do ranged damage as well, albeit with a much lower damage input.

Just remember to always play on the defensive, mostly with dodges instead of shield blocks. The Leather Shield is an average blocking shield, as it will reduce 90% of physical damage and 60% of fire damage, but you'll want to move into better shields once you get them.

@marciosmg

Yurt only begins his killing spree each time you exit and return to the nexus after finishing 3-2 and releasing him. Just make sure he hasn't killed any NPC in the Nexus, a friend of mine which I lent the game when my PS3 broke down, forgot about Yurt as well, and he got very unlucky, since Yurt killed Stockpile Thomas xD 

I caught him before he did that. Also, I beat 1-3, 2-3, 3-3 and 4-3.

Man, the penetrator in 1-3 was ridiculosly easy. Like pathetic. He only payed attention to Biorr so I kept hitting his back and he dies. I cant get over the fact that it was so easy.

Now, Im gonna do 5-1. And I have Firestorm now

www.jamesvandermemes.com

Has it been noted that you'll get miralda to speak to you, before tying to kill you. If you're wearing doran's armor?

Prediction:

TGS this year for PS3 will be amazing.

Grandia comes to PSN(PSone classic).

First Versus gameplay this year.

The Adventures Of Duane and Brando

OK, that was one hell of a game! I finally finished Demons Souls.

I was 56 hours in and soul level 85, though that stupid king degraded my soul level 3 times. It was hellishly hard and i can say that this is the most unique game i have ever played!

Now beginning the NG+ and it's cool to be evil this time around hehe. Thanks everyone for your tips and answers everytime i had a question.

Is a Dragonsword +5 any good, am level 39 at the moment.

Equipment:

Dragonsword +5
Adjudicator shield
Assassins Hood
Chain Mail
Black Gloves
Gloom Leggings

I have Yurt's armor, but wearing it makes me run in snails pace. I also got all the major spells (all that's available to me) used my souls efficiently by getting spells only.

Should I venture 4-2 first or 3-2?
Or should I just grind?

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."