By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGchartz's Demon's Souls thread

Do I need to improve stam to wear heavier armor, or since am a wanderer just stick to light armor and focus on my dex.

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

Around the Network
Kamal said:
Do I need to improve stam to wear heavier armor, or since am a wanderer just stick to light armor and focus on my dex.

Well, yes in oder to increase your equip burden, you have to increase your stamina.

But, honestly, this game is about mobility more than defense.

Do invest on endurance so you dont get staggered when blocking.

But dont use really heavy armor (unless you are going for a totally melee character) and just roll.

Also, remember to never equip more than half your equip burden, so you can roll and run faster.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

Kamal said:

Being light is better than being buffed up imo...try to find Ring of great Strengh or something like that..its so nice for your equip burden!

Hmm looks like I need to evaluate my items.

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

@marciosmg

Oh you'll be in for a surprise in NG+ when you face the Penetrator xD Biorr dies in two/three hits, and even with 800+ HP you'll get OHKO by most of his attacks, so be prepared for one hellish battle then xD

@skittles

Mirana only tries to kill you if you are in soul form, if you manage to get to her in physical form, she will only taunt you and kill you if you attack her.

@somini

Damn tough luck getting soulsucked by False King Allant, that's the one single move which I dreaded from him the most >__

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

Demon's Souls won Gamespot GOTY award of 2009!!!!

http://www.gamespot.com/best-of/game-of-the-year/index.html?page=1

Hell yeah, this game is finally getting all the merit and recognition it deserves! Quite possibily the best game released for the PS3 so far! At least in my opinion :P

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

And now I have only 1-4 left. All the bosses in 5 were beaten easily by arrows - none of them even touched me. Im starting to fear NG+ cause theres no way it will be such a piece of cake like this, lol

Im focusing now on getting the most spells and weapon upgrades before beating the game.

The thing is I already used my Yellow Demon Soul so I cant have the Lava Bow this playthrough

Oh Well, next time.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

@marciosmg

Actually, you need the Hard Demon's Souls to make the lava bow, the soul from the Armor Spider

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/ds-hard

Yellow Demon's Souls is used to make the Insanity Catalyst, which isn't even all that good until you hit higher levels of Intelligence (40 at least) to counter-balance the 1/2 MP cut that it brings.

Good luck with False King Allant, be very wary of his SoulSucking melee attack, it will downgrade you a level if it hits, and can be a pain if it hits you with it more than one time and you get killed later on in the battle.

Current PC Build

Yeah. I meant to say Hard. I want to go stone farming but since Im in PW enemies wont drop good things. I want to go offline and go Pure Black but it will be hard to beat the game and start NG+ on Pure Black

www.jamesvandermemes.com

@marciosmg

Well, I started NG+ on pure black and indeed it's very hard, since even with the Cling ring you'll only have 60% health and won't have the attack bonus when being in Soul Form.

Unless you're talking about World Tendencies, and those don't matter when you go to NG+, since they reset in each new game ;) Character Tendencies do stay put though.

What did you use the Hard Demon's Souls for? Ignite?

Current PC Build