By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGchartz's Demon's Souls thread

lestatdark said:
@marciosmg

Do 2-3, it's the easiest stage in the game, and the easiest boss as well :P I laughed at how pathetically easy the Dragon God was, even though the fight was supposed to be more of a Puzzle than a Combat per se xD

Oh, and his souls gives you the best AoE offensive PvP spell in the game, Firestorm :D

I saw you an get Firestorm or God's Wrath. Which is better?

www.jamesvandermemes.com

Around the Network

@marciosmg

Well, it depends on many factors.

First, what is your highest stat, Intelligence/Magic or Faith? Firestorm needs 3 slots to be equipped (18 intelligence) and God's Wrath needs 2 slots (16 Faith)

Secondly, Firestorm acts like an eruption of constant Fire Damage around you, but it isn't even. There are spaces between the flames that your enemies can use to attack you if you're not careful, but if you set up the spell properly, it does some really high damage (300 - 400 damage to the Red Eyes soldiers in 1-4, it's damage calculation is each 10 levels of magic adds 285-340 Fire DPS)

God's Wrath on the other hand, works like an expansive force aura around your character, dealing pure magic damage, and pushing your enemies for quite some distance. It has a longer range than Firestorm and there are no spaces nor weakness that the enemies can exploit, but the damage is significantly lower (150-200 Red Eyes in 1-4, it's damage calculation is 100*Faith Level)

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:

@marciosmg

Well, it depends on many factors.

First, what is your highest stat, Intelligence/Magic or Faith? Firestorm needs 3 slots to be equipped (18 intelligence) and God's Wrath needs 2 slots (16 Faith)

Secondly, Firestorm acts like an eruption of constant Fire Damage around you, but it isn't even. There are spaces between the flames that your enemies can use to attack you if you're not careful, but if you set up the spell properly, it does some really high damage (300 - 400 damage to the Red Eyes soldiers in 1-4, it's damage calculation is each 10 levels of magic adds 285-340 Fire DPS)

God's Wrath on the other hand, works like an expansive force aura around your character, dealing pure magic damage, and pushing your enemies for quite some distance. It has a longer range than Firestorm and there are no spaces nor weakness that the enemies can exploit, but the damage is significantly lower (150-200 Red Eyes in 1-4, it's damage calculation is 100*Faith Level)

Yeah. I think Im going with Firestorm. I have invested a lot more in Magic than Faith. And I need the One Time Revival XD

www.jamesvandermemes.com

@marciosmg

Be careful when you're using One Time Revival. If you have that activated, don't even ponder to use Warding, since both spells cancel each other out. If you have OTR and cast Warding, OTR will be annulled, and if you have Warding and cast OTR, Warding will be annulled.

I ended up dying in NG+ one time due to that crap >_

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
@marciosmg

Be careful when you're using One Time Revival. If you have that activated, don't even ponder to use Warding, since both spells cancel each other out. If you have OTR and cast Warding, OTR will be annulled, and if you have Warding and cast OTR, Warding will be annulled.

I ended up dying in NG+ one time due to that crap >_<

I will. thanks. To be honest, I almost never use Warding. I like the challenge. XD

www.jamesvandermemes.com

Around the Network

@marciosmg

Oh, you'll be using Warding a lot, come NG+ I promise you that :P

Also, what SL are you now? Are you still using the same initial armour set of the royal class?

Current PC Build

Ha, just beat king doran and stole his ****. XD
Backstabbing+demonbrand=310 points of easy damage. lmao

Prediction:

TGS this year for PS3 will be amazing.

Grandia comes to PSN(PSone classic).

First Versus gameplay this year.

The Adventures Of Duane and Brando

Demon's Souls won Game Trailers Best RPG!

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/best-role-playing-gt-goty/60211

@Skittles

Nice strategy there :) His Set is one of the best in the whole game, IMO, and his ring is the one I always used in NG+ xD

My strategy for beating him was Firestorming his ass back to oblivion xD (on NG+ though :P)

@rccsetzer and crystalchild

Nice, Demon's Souls deserves all the praise that it can get, as it's one of the best RPG's ever made :D

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
@marciosmg

Oh, you'll be using Warding a lot, come NG+ I promise you that :P

Also, what SL are you now? Are you still using the same initial armour set of the royal class?

Im lvl 52 and I am using the Venerable Sage set. Its not a big defense but its less weight.

I have the Purple Flame Shield +6 (should I do +7 or go Dark?)

www.jamesvandermemes.com