By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGchartz's Demon's Souls thread

lestatdark said:
Damn, I still have a long way to go too xD And I'm just frustrated at Demon's Souls now, those damn Pincer Attack BP Fat Ministers on PB WT 1-3 in NG+ got me extremely pissed off -_-

I remember that part when I was playing on Halloween!  I think somehow I managed to roll past one of them, even though you're not supposed to be able to.  Otherwise that part is near impossible.  I hate pincer attacks!  The one on 4-2 is equally frustrating....

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

Around the Network

My thread should now show up in the Demon's Souls forum. Thanks for the tip eurphoria!

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

ameratsu said:
My thread should now show up in the Demon's Souls forum. Thanks for the tip eurphoria!

No problem.

Looks nice in the Sony forums too since it now says the game title above the thread title in nice bold letters.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Well, I won't be playing Demon's Souls for sometime now, my PS3 bricked yesterday, just a few months after the warranty expired.

I'll try to see if it was from overheat today, since the PS3 was very hot, or if it has some dust on the lens, but i'm not confident, it's the damn error 80015014.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

I managed to recover my ps3 (after a hard disk format and HDD and lens cleaning) but that meant saying goodbye to all my saved data

I just lost a NG+ SL 134 character and trophies....*sigh*

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
I managed to recover my ps3 (after a hard disk format and HDD and lens cleaning) but that meant saying goodbye to all my saved data

I just lost a NG+ SL 134 character and trophies....*sigh*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Actually it keeps your trophies I think, but your saved game data will be gone...

I tried to do a backup the other day because of this game alone, but it said it would be 40 GB....made me feel dumb when I had plugged in a 2 GB usb drive thinking I'd be able to do it....

@epicurean

My ps3 broke completely down now, even by formatting the disk itself and restoring system files. I lost everything, even trophies for my account, since I thought that it was tied to the PSN, but it's actually a system file.

Sent it for repairs at a Sony official technical store, I will be getting it back in 2 to 3 weeks time.

It's a really awful situation, a month of development in Demon's Souls gone to waste.

The most strange part is that I could back up all other data, but not Demon's Souls since it is copy protected, don't know why that is.

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
@epicurean

My ps3 broke completely down now, even by formatting the disk itself and restoring system files. I lost everything, even trophies for my account, since I thought that it was tied to the PSN, but it's actually a system file.

Sent it for repairs at a Sony official technical store, I will be getting it back in 2 to 3 weeks time.

It's a really awful situation, a month of development in Demon's Souls gone to waste.

The most strange part is that I could back up all other data, but not Demon's Souls since it is copy protected, don't know why that is.

Hmm...could've sworn (like you) that trophies were tied to the PSN...how else could you access them online?  Doesn't make sense to me...

I tried to back up the Demon's Souls save file by itself too...its the only one I ever tried to do, so i just figured all save files were copy protected like that.  Or are you saying even doing the system backup prevents you from restoring it?  Cause that would be REALLY annoying....but would save me from doing a system backup because its the only one I really care about....

I did system and single file backup and none allowed me to backup Demon's Souls :(

I don't know about how trophies work, but after I did my hard format, I started up the same PSN account and it showed 0 trophies. I didn't have much (160 and most of them were bronze), but it kinda sucks anyway.

Current PC Build

I've been doing some searching on it since your last post and though a lot of people are complaining about the copy protection on it, everyone seems to agree that if you do a full system backup, then restore it ON THE SAME SYSTEM (that part is key), that you should still be able to use the save file. If you get sent a different system you seem to be SOL, though. I wonder if your system was so messed up that it didn't sync with your profile, giving you your trophies and unlocking the copy protected save files? Not sure, but I would hold on to your system backup file just in case....maybe you'll get lucky and send you your original back (but repaired) and the restore will work....? Hopefully!