By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGchartz's Demon's Souls thread

Hopefully it does, but it's actually the losing of DS saved data that got me more pissed off :P

I'm not a big fan of trophies or achievements, I like to play games just for the fun of them, the only games that I have my sights for full 100% completion are Demon's Souls, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy VS XIII and GT5

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

Ha...I'm almost the exact same...I normally dont' got for "platinums", but if a game is just a blast to play, then I will. The only one I currently have is inFamous, which was just a fun game to play, and really easy to get it for. I've never tried to get one for something that is as much "work" as Demon's Souls, but I'm loving every minute of it, so why not? I also have my eyes on FFXIII and Vs. for trying the same thing with, but we'll see....

The important question is....if you can't restore that save file, are you going to start a new game and try for it again?

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

Of course, I love Demon's Souls far too much to give up that quest :) But i'll do things different this time.

I'll start either as a Wanderer or as a Barbarian, and i'll try to do all of the PB and PW events while on NG instead of focusing on them in NG+. That way i'll have time to breeze through NG+ without worrying about mistaking something.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Yeah, I'd kind of like to "restart" with a Barbarian, but I'm too far along now...just have to beat the Old King tonight and I'll be on to NG++, but I do have almost all of the White/Dark World Tendencies to get (other than what I was able to do during Halloween)....

I did all PW WT and just finished doing Boletaria PB WT (I hated the pincer attack made by BP fat ministers on 1-3)

Current PC Build

Around the Network

I have one question - how do I not to die in this game?..... cuz I died so much that make me dont wanna play anymore. help plz

There are many ways not to die in this game, but death is an inevitability in most cases. Plus, being in Soul form actually has it's advantages over Physical form, trust me ;)

If you really don't want to die, then I suggest a few things:

1 - Master dodges and timings. This is the most important aspect of the game, all moves, all attacks and all spells can be dodged and timed correctly so that you don't suffer any damage or that you won't be left open to enemy counters. You'll have to practice on the game a lot to actually get them correct, but once you do, it's a very satysfying feeling

2 - Use a 100% Damage Reduction shield, with high Guard Reduction %. This is extremely important at the early stages of the game, or when you play on NG+ and are not planning to go as a spell caster. Shields are your friends, a 100% DR shield means that no damage will be passed unto your HP, but rather it will go to your stamina. That's the reason for a high GR % because the stamina drain of most attacks is really huge, even if your shield as 50% GR. My suggestion is upping your endurance and strenght so you can use a Purple Flame Shield correctly.

3 - Never be above 50% encumberance. Trust me, this makes all the difference between being able to outrun an opponent, or having them hitting you all the time. Also, when you're over 50% encumbarance (equip burden), you won't be able to dodge correctly, as your character will be left on the ground for far too much time.

4 - Use Spells/Ranged attacks if you don't trust your melee skills too much. Spells are an excellent way to attack from range, since spells like Soul Ray, Fireball, Firestorm and God's Wrath can mean wipping out enemies before they even get the chance to come near you. Bows work in the same way, even better if you build up your dexterity, since you can aim them manually, allowing you better shots.

Current PC Build

Thank you, Lestatdark....

Cast 2nd chance.

Looking forward to: FF Versus XIII / LBP2 / The Last Guardian / Yakuza 4 / ICO Collection

Just beat NG+ (man, the Old King Allant seemed way WAY tougher the 2nd time)...so far NG++ doesn't seem to be that much of a jump harder....hopefully that continues...though once I turn everything black (soul tendency) it'll probably get that way....