By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGchartz's Demon's Souls thread

I was just sitting in 5-2, the level with Black Phantom that annoys me. I was in human form and my daughter began crying.

I went downstairs real quick to grab a bottle and some stupid black phantom idiot invaded my game and killed me.

I hate this level. Stupid swamp.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

Anyone in their first playthrough still and has a lvl 65-85 character and wants to help me out? I want that Moonlight Blade or whatever it is called.

Stupid level has a giant black phantom-like goblin bastard too, thanks to Atlus and the black world tendency.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Dumb newb question. How the hell do I get magic/miracles. I'm happily going along, my level is low 20s, I've killed 3 demons and it hit me "I don't have a single bloody spell." My magic is 10, I have a catalyst in my inventory. What else do I need, and where do I get magic?

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Finally beat the game.. NG+ here I come!!

@Vagabond: You can buy basic magic and mircales in the nexus. Keep in mind you most likely only have one magic slot, so you can only "remember" (hold) one spell at a time. One vendor is in the area to the right of the winding staircase, the other is to the left iirc.

To cast magic, you need a catalyst. To cast miracles, you need a talisman. The exception to this is a special talisman that allows you to cast both, but don't worry about this for now.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Around the Network

thanks ameratsu! I don't know how I didn't see these guys earlier. I used to think tutorials were long and annoying, but damn if this game didn't need a longer one.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

I just got the Large Sword of Moonlight. Is there anything special about this sword?

Currently playing:

Just as a note, I hate the fifth world. It's dark, the camera angles are bad, the level design is atrocious, it's just piles of broken wood all over the place leading down into an instant death pit, with broken wood all over the wall and ceilings to obstruct the camera, and then it's so freakin' dark on top of that. The enemies aren't even strong, but I keep dying because I get forced off of a ledge, or I think I'm going the right way but it in fact is just a death pit, or the camera gets obstructed by something so I can't fight properly and just block until I'm exhausted or just swing until I'm dead. Either way the level design in the fifth world is atrocious compared to the fantastic level design of the first four I've seen.

Euphoria14 said:
I just got the Large Sword of Moonlight. Is there anything special about this sword?

Anything special? Well let's see...oh yeah, it goes through shields!! Awesome sword.

The_vagabond7 said:
Just as a note, I hate the fifth world. It's dark, the camera angles are bad, the level design is atrocious, it's just piles of broken wood all over the place leading down into an instant death pit, with broken wood all over the wall and ceilings to obstruct the camera, and then it's so freakin' dark on top of that. The enemies aren't even strong, but I keep dying because I get forced off of a ledge, or I think I'm going the right way but it in fact is just a death pit, or the camera gets obstructed by something so I can't fight properly and just block until I'm exhausted or just swing until I'm dead. Either way the level design in the fifth world is atrocious compared to the fantastic level design of the first four I've seen.

Weak enemies? To be honest, after New Game +, that level is the hardest. The goblins are a pain, the enemies' have crazy combo. 5-2 has that annoying swamp,mosquitoes, slugs and some in some places, you fall and die. At the arch demon, those little demons and the plague swamp iarecrazy.

Best level? Definitely 4-x, bosses are awesome, enemies give u crazy xp and a lot of space to properly fight a Black Phantom. It also has Blue phantoms to summon..( Compared to stonefang...had to do flamelurker alone >.<)