By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who here is happy that Xbox is ahead of Playstation this generation?

Orca_Azure said:
It's sad that Sony from the ps2 isn't the same company that is promoting the ps3. I guess it's the whole "one flew over the cuckoo's nest" deal-...

Sony is our McMurphy after a lobotomy and we have to be the one's that smother it :(

You should be beaten, burned to ashes then someone should throw your ashes from a plane

Around the Network

I don't care they won't catch the wii anyway.

mjc2021 said:
kowenicki said:
mjc2021 said:
phinch1 said:
This generation of console isnt even over yet so stop making threads like this please it will be embarrassing for you when Sony close that very small gap

That small gap is more than one-third of the PS3s currently owned. The only way Sony is catching up is if they stop making the Xbox 360 or Bluray becomes in HUGE demand.

Blu-Ray adoption isn't a factor anymore in PS3 sales...  look at these Blu-Ray players now available in the UK..

£149.99

This sleek and slim second generation Blu-ray disc player from Samsung, supports Blu-ray version 1.1 and features full 1080p HD output, DVD up-scaling to 1080p and Ethernet connection for firmware upgrades.

PANASONIC DMP-BD35EG-K

£179.99

Panasonic BD35EG Blu-ray player featuring HDMI upscaling and DTS High Definition sound quality.

SAMSUNG BD-P1650-XEU

£179.99

£189.99

Panasonic Blu-ray player with 'BONUSVIEW' for adding new features such as picture-in-picture and audio mixing while you watch a film. Also includes stunning high definition 1080/24p playback, sensational Dolby True HD surround sound and a SD Memory Card slot for viewing digital photos and movies.

SONY BDPS350

£199.99

Get as close as you can to the real theatrical experience with this slim and stylish 1080p Full HD blu-ray player

If you want a blu-ray player then they will buy a blu-ray player.

The price gap is already up to £150, in other words half the price of a PS3.

There will be blu-ray players for less than £100 soon enough.

Wasn't aware Bluray prices were dropping that fast.

Well nevermind on that... but you think MS will stop making Xbox 360? That's the only way I can imagine PS3 wins this console war.

Sure, if that forces Nintendo to stop making Wii's too.

The question that concerns me though is if this trend continues but the PS3 selss 10 million consoles in Japan while the 360 sells less than 2 million there and as a result more Japanese companies start making their games exclusive to the PS3, then in the future do you think we would see as many Japanese games here in the US as there has been in the past post-Atari gens?

ctk495 said:
I don't care they won't catch the wii anyway.

the thread title is xbox ahead of ps3

wii isnt in it

i have wii and 360

they are completely different leagues of game systems

one excels in some ways, one in others, and theyre as comparable as apples and oranges

am i glad 360 is ahead of ps3, yes

do i have to be all 'wiis ahead of all!'

no

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

Around the Network

so plz I want an explanation , why the hell is this thread still open ?
we could all see where it was headed but we waited until it's full of crap and it's still unlocked?

Sometimes, blackstar, you just gotta sit back and let the fanboys fight it out.....

mjc2021 said:
BladeOfGod said:
@mjc2021

You really are obssesd with Sony fanboys arent you? Where did i said my favourite console was PS3? Just to prove you wrong, my favourite console is PS1. And this theard says ''Who here is happy that Xbox is ahed of PlayStation this generation?'' Its not saying PS3, it just says PLAYSTATION. So it can easily be PSP.

So you've decided to go against common sense and just compare the 360 to the PSP? Frankly with your logic the title of this thread is completely false. That's why I call you a Sony fanboy.

Give me one good reason why cant i compare PLAYSTATION Portable with Xbox 360? The theard says, PlayStation, not PS3, so why cant i compare PSP with 360 instead of PS3 with 360??

This thread is like sugar to them.

BladeOfGod said:
mjc2021 said:
BladeOfGod said:
@mjc2021

You really are obssesd with Sony fanboys arent you? Where did i said my favourite console was PS3? Just to prove you wrong, my favourite console is PS1. And this theard says ''Who here is happy that Xbox is ahed of PlayStation this generation?'' Its not saying PS3, it just says PLAYSTATION. So it can easily be PSP.

So you've decided to go against common sense and just compare the 360 to the PSP? Frankly with your logic the title of this thread is completely false. That's why I call you a Sony fanboy.

Give me one good reason why cant i compare PLAYSTATION Portable with Xbox 360? The theard says, PlayStation, not PS3, so why cant i compare PSP with 360 instead of PS3 with 360??

the psp is a hunk of junk, had one break so fast, bought a 2000 after, and thankfully sold it for a good price

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889