By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why PS3 has a chance to outsell the Xbox 360 in 2009?

man a lot of new people on vgc liking the ps3 i think it will do it it may also have a 100$ price cut and no it outsold the wii for 8 ive been making threads about it other sites have the ps3 outselling the wii for all of Feb and March

oh yeah i made a similar thread bout this here look my reasons may be better OPEN ME

Play Me

Around the Network

Thread number 2 trillion on how it think the PS3 can outsell the 360 in 2009!!!

But anyways i'm not goina argue with you....it might happen it might not.

And welcome to vgchartz :)

Soundwave said:

I honestly don't think exclusives alone really makes that big of a difference. 

Didn't the PS3 have more exclusives than the 360 last year too? Wasn't LittleBigPlanet supposed to light the sales charts on fire?

Has Killzone caused the the PS3 to surge past the 360? Is it a "Halo killer?". Wasn't the Home Network supposed to be some major selling point for the PS3? Was the first Uncharted a huge hit?

I wouldn't underestimate Microsoft, if they don't have a big exclusive this fall they will simply just throw a lot of money at some dev to get a big exclusive. 

If Sony only drops their price by $50, Microsoft can counter that pretty easily by just including a pack-in game with all their SKUs. 

LOL

Fail

Killzone 2 is a sequel to a average game, LBP and Uncharted are new IPs how can they be "systemseller"?

Nobody said Killzone 2 would be the "halo killer" except u 360/wii fanboys.

And Sony will drop the price by 100$, quote me on this.

The dev costs will get singificantly (lol sorry) lower for the ps3 in Q2 according to Sony.

so we can expect a 100$ price cut in Q4

this with Gran Turismo 5 (sonys only but huge systemseller) are enough to outsell the 360 1,7:1 in the holiday season

only thing which guarentees the ps3 to outsell the 360 if it gets a 100 dollar price cut....

Being a cricket fan is much simpler and more fun
MontanaHatchet said:
Guys, he's new. Be kind. That said, I'd suggest you lurk more before joining a website.

haha....i was thinking this when i was reading his post

Being a cricket fan is much simpler and more fun
Around the Network

@ Erocker

Are you saying a new IP can't be a system seller? If so this is not the case. And Sony will be heart pressed to cut the price more than $50.

Also there were a lot of people around here (other than 360 fans) claiming KZ2 to be a system mover. I don't really have time to look them up and give you names, but since you have been around for a reasonable period of time you probably already know this.

I will believe the GT5 system mover statement when I see it.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

Is there some law that says Microsoft can't drop their price again on some of their bigger SKUs?

Microsoft has finally gotten a hold of the Western markets over Sony, I don't see them just rolling over. And I don't even like Microsoft, but that's just not their M.O.

They didn't invest all that money into the XBox brand to finally get the lead they want to fold because Sony has Unchartered 2 and makes a price cut. 

Not even close. Microsoft has fought Sony tooth and nail for every step this gen, do not even for a second think that MS will let Sony off the hook that easy. 

If it can do that it can outsell the Xbox 360 in the United States

Situation is completely different

RE5 huge hit in Japan for Ps3
FFXIII demo exclusive japan
Yakuza 3 exclusive japan

all these things have boosted hardware in japan

so just because hardware boot in japan it does not mean hardware boost in NA

Predictions

GT5 will sell 3.2million + first week on ps3 (made 06 March 2010)

FFXIII Versus will have higher Metacritic scores than FFXIII after the first month.... Bet going on with perpride - loser changes sig for a month

KH3 will be PS3 EXCLUSIVE - willing to bet removal from vgchartz for a month

PS3 can outsell 360 like PS3 is outselling Wii in Japan. The major requirement is that 360 stops selling like Wii stopped selling in Japan.

The only reason Wii sales have slowed in Japan is because Nintendo has released absolutely nothing for the system in the first six months of the year aside from the niche Another Code 2. 

And Sony can still barely outsell Nintendo there with RE5 + Street Fighter IV + Yakuza 3 + FF13 Demo Bundle. 

To me that doesn't really say a lot about the PS3 ... it's sort of like saying "yeah ... I could beat you up in a fight ... if you were asleep". lol