By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Tekken 6- Looking Better, Running Smooth as Butter

routsounmanman said:
If it's not broken (and IMO best in its category - unless you count SSBB) why mess it up?

NameConsolePublisherJapanAmericaOthersTotal
Tekken 3Namco1.403.092.426.91
Tekken 2Namco1.372.022.065.45
Tekken Tag TournamentNamco0.531.611.803.94
Tekken 4Namco0.351.461.503.31
TekkenNamco0.850.911.423.18
Tekken 5Namco0.320.510.491.32
Totals (6 matches)

But maybe it is broken.  A series like this should be getting stronger, especially as the install base on the PS2 went up.  Maybe it was because of Soul Caliber and Dead or Alive, but this game has obviously lost some appeal with gamers.  Again, I'm not trying to troll this topic or be a hater.  I love this game, but I bought tekken 4 and just thought...meh.   Tekken 5 didn't seem any diiferent...and Tekken 6 looks just the same.  Time for a reboot is all I'm saying.  Maybe Tekken vs. Soul Caliber would be cool. 

Around the Network

Its probably the best overall fighting game.....but there are others that have some different qualities. Do you like MMA? Thats not tekken, and there are pride/UFC games out there, even boxing if you like that kind of thing. Do you like a more cartoonish game? Street Fighter or something like Marvel Vs Capcom might be your thing. Does your fighting game have to have weapons? If so then check out Bushido Blade 2, a PS2 game that was pretty good.  Do you like the wii-style interactivity entroper?  If so I think that the wii platform has a boxing game out or close to it that you might like. 

hey Tekken 6 is going to have online play right?

@super_etecoon wow, I've never looked at these figures; Tekken takes a dive then...
@ckmlb you're probably right; SSBB is more like platform-arcade-fighting mess.

Tekken was allways my favorite fighting game ... wait its the only one that I actually like to play ( button mashing style of course :P ) .

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

I want to play kber81 or go toe to toe with cklmb sometime online. I don't think that they can match my hyper-expert level mishima style karate...

ckmlb said:

Not if you are a fighting fan.

*snip*

I like Smash Bros. (not as much as others do, and much less than I like Zelda or Mario or even Metroid) but I really don't count it with the rest of these fighting games.

I like Smash Bros. mostly because it's so unlike the rest.  They completely reinvented the fighting game.  I've been a fan of fighters since Street Fighter 2 and Mortal Kombat, but ever since they went 3D, none of them "feel" right to me.  They don't have the same kind of snappy response that they used to have, and I can't tell what's going on when I play.  Smash Bros. retains the old-school feel but totally revamps the rules and the game modes, and they're definitely onto something awesome.  There's much more gameplay there than anything I've seen in the VF, SC, DOA, or Tekken franchises.

@dallas

Ofcourse its going to have online, tekken 5 has online.

mM

+1 for super_etecoon

I'm sorry, even if I like the Tekken serie, I want something new ...

Call me if you get any news about gameplay improvement,
I'm sick of the visual "improvement only"

Time to Work !

I have always thought tekken was the sort of game you only needed to buy one game a generation. Tekken 3 was one of the best games on the PS1 so its the only tekken game i have, dont need another one. 2 generations on I might pick this game up. not a must have though.