By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Charts Week 17 (04/20/09 - 04/26/09)

KZ2 did quite good... best selling PS3 FPS in Japan :D

Around the Network
mrstickball said:
Amazing that Death Smiles had a 2+x multiplier from it's first day @ 9,000 units. 20k for a SHMUP on any system is fantastic, much less the 360.

The 360 is the official software-seller for SHMUPs this gen. Who woulda thought.

Yeah, it's always nice to see a SHMUP doing well...

It seem KZ2 sold almost 100% of initial shipment.

Killzone has doubled its first day sale too.. but amazing PS3 still leading Wii in Japan even on Famitsu numbers..

look like battle between PS2 and XBOX360 has also heated up again.. just a 300 unit difference. :)

Wow, both KZ2, Death Smiles, and MHG have good starts.

And I'm surprised the Wii got outsold again!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

i definitely didnt think the Wii would sell less than 25k...

next week is golden week, so should be bump in sales

I had a feeling this was going to happen. Very close indeed between ps3 and wii.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
mrstickball said:
Amazing that Death Smiles had a 2+x multiplier from it's first day @ 9,000 units. 20k for a SHMUP on any system is fantastic, much less the 360.

The 360 is the official software-seller for SHMUPs this gen. Who woulda thought.

Yeah amazing just how many copies it sold, depends on how much they marketed it though

Still, the recent flood of SHMUPs have all sold above 10k and go onto break 20k.

k1s3k1 said:
next week is golden week, so should be bump in sales

For who ? That's the question.