By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Charts Week 17 (04/20/09 - 04/26/09)

JTurner82 said:
outlawauron said:
I got some Demon's Souls and Muramasa sales!

Demon's Souls - 2900 (120000 lifetime)
Muramasa - 2300 (32000 lifetime)

Major Minor's Majestic March - 600

MMMM got owned!

So are we to assume that the 2300 of those copies sold are the last of the initial shipment from Marvelous?  (C'mon, when's the next shipment, dammit?!)

Didn't they only ship out 30k?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:

MMMM got owned!

Where you got those from? And what's Major Minor's Majestic March?

FilaBrasileiro said:
outlawauron said:

MMMM got owned!

A little fishy told him

FootballFan - "GT has never been bigger than Halo. Now do a comparison between the two attach ratios and watch GT get stomped by Halo. Reach will sell 5 million more than GT5. Quote me on it."

FilaBrasileiro said:
outlawauron said:

MMMM got owned!

http://thedrill.no-blog.jp/dblog/2009/04/200904200426_ae.html

MMMM is a third party Wii exclusive from the creator of PaRappa.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:

MMMM got owned!

Demon Soul's number are a bit better than my expectation..

Maybe it will rise to 5000 in golden week... 

Around the Network

@Noobie and outlawauron: Thanks for the Demon's Souls numbers! I wonder how much of these sales are exports though. I ordered my copy a week ago.

Ail said:
JTurner82 said:
Star Scream said:

PSP 41,187
DSi 37,495
PS3 23,351
Wii 18,439
Xbox 360 7,016
DS Lite 6,374
PS2 4,524

Gotta love PSP sales, once they release that new slide/touchscreen model, it's gonna destroy everything else in Japan...

Big drop for PS3, and a really poor HW bump from MH3 demo, Wii really is in a dire state...

It's not that bad a bump; granted it IS smaller than one would like, but it's still above last week's total, where it was around the 12K mark.  And seriously, this was just a port with only a demo.  And as for the Wii's state, it's not that dire, since MHG proved that yes, 3rd-party software CAN sell.

A movie + a demo gave the PS3 a 45k bump.

A port of a game + a demo gave the Wii a 5k boost...

Didn't the PS3 release a special model at the same time as the movie hence explaing that huge bump in sales last week? Thought I might have read that somewhere.

Great MHG sales but small boost for Wii. Maybe people holding up for golden week(s). Though that could be wishful thinking... I just find the PS3 fans a little too aggressive to my liking in this thread.

Elaine: I will never understand people

Jerry: They're the worst.

edjevink said:
@Noobie and outlawauron: Thanks for the Demon's Souls numbers! I wonder how much of these sales are exports though. I ordered my copy a week ago.

those numbers are for the Japanese version.. did you order the Japan version? Most of the exports are from the Asian and Korean versions (cause of the English text) which are really2 looow in availability right now.. im guessing the Asian version + the Korean version alone have sold 100k+ could be more..

k1s3k1 said:
edjevink said:

those numbers are for the Japanese version.. did you order the Japan version? Most of the exports are from the Asian and Korean versions (cause of the English text) which are really2 looow in availability right now.. im guessing the Asian version + the Korean version alone have sold 100k+ could be more..

You're right, the Asian and Korean versions are probably the ones that most people import and those 2900 copies sold are probably from Japan alone. But what about the Demon's Souls numbers on VGChartz? Those are at 112.000, but that's probably not including asian and korean versions either, right? Then within which numbers(Japan/America/Other) on VGChartz can we see those asian and korean versions sales?

the numbers from the rest of Asia never get tracked i think..