By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Charts Week 17 (04/20/09 - 04/26/09)

BocaJuniors said:
Will MHG have legs?

Don't expect anywhere close to MHP2G legs.

Around the Network

^True, it will be lucky for this port of a port to get gold.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

Soriku said:
Egghead said:
@ Soriku

Okay we get it, Nintendo cant do badly, its just not possible, youre right, the third-party situation is the best its ever been!

lol wut. The Wii DID do badly this week. I was simply bashing the people who were saying "lol PS3 > Wii" when a 1k difference is nothing to celebrate. And on a good note, MHG sold well. That's all I said.

I don't think you know how to read. Though I don't expect much from someone who said the Wii was killing the industry.

I know, MHG is a niche title

Egghead said:
Soriku said:
Egghead said:
@ Soriku

Okay we get it, Nintendo cant do badly, its just not possible, youre right, the third-party situation is the best its ever been!

lol wut. The Wii DID do badly this week. I was simply bashing the people who were saying "lol PS3 > Wii" when a 1k difference is nothing to celebrate. And on a good note, MHG sold well. That's all I said.

I don't think you know how to read. Though I don't expect much from someone who said the Wii was killing the industry.

I know, MHG is a niche title

No, it is not! Any game in the Monster Hunter is about as mainstream as you can get.

Monster Hunter is about to surpass Final Fantasy!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

A difference of 1k is definitely something worth celebrating when you consider that the Wii used to commonly outsell the PS3 at least 4:1 in Japan. I think it was even 7:1 or 8:1 at times. Ahh well, it's not like the Wii is supposed to be the market leader or anything.

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
A difference of 1k is definitely something worth celebrating when you consider that the Wii used to commonly outsell the PS3 at least 4:1 in Japan. I think it was even 7:1 or 8:1 at times. Ahh well, it's not like the Wii is supposed to be the market leader or anything.

lol. I agree.

People have really lowering expectations is this isn't something to talk about or mention.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Though shall not criticize Wii sales !

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

kylohk said:
^True, it will be lucky for this port of a port to get gold.

More than probably they are already profitable with week one sales.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

I still say that it didn't do that badly this week. It's still up from its lowest point last week, and even if the boost is not as huge as it could have been, its still very much an increase. If anything, I think MHG will be the beginning of a slow uphill battle for Wii.

So because there were a couple big game launches and a demo, that means that you see no problem in the second place console outselling the market leader? How many times did that happen with the PS2, regardless of what games were released?