By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Charts Week 17 (04/20/09 - 04/26/09)

Soriku said:
That's only because Sony planned the last 9 weeks really well while the Wii's had a crappy Christmas and year so far.

Besides, Wii's still leading elsewhere.

Yet the software situation is hardly any different in the rest of the world and it continues to sell

People need to wake up and realise the coasting that Nintendo is doing

Around the Network

Those of you saying this is localized to Japan should take a look at Others and watch as Wii sales are slowly but surely getting worse there too.

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Soriku said:
MontanaHatchet said:
So because there were a couple big game launches and a demo, that means that you see no problem in the second place console outselling the market leader? How many times did that happen with the PS2, regardless of what games were released?

You're forgetting the Wii isn't as dominant as the PS2.

@Egghead

That's because over here titles can hold over a console afloat for a longer time while in Japan it's totally different...

I mean it's not like after all those big games the PS3 and Wii are only a few k apart. So I don't get the Wii is d00med posts when the other consoles can fall faster.

If what Fila said is true about Golden Week being for children and stuff and the Wii could be on top again, I wonder what kind of comments we'll hear then...

@Ail

Uh...same goes for every other system as well.

Checked the Xbox360 numbers lately ?

Soriku said:
So far the 360 is the only one up YoY...but still lower than the Wii.

Well seeing how the high the Wii was it is taking it a while to fall.

But every week it's breaking a new record for lowest sales number in Others for the last 18 months...

outlawauron said:
MontanaHatchet said:
A difference of 1k is definitely something worth celebrating when you consider that the Wii used to commonly outsell the PS3 at least 4:1 in Japan. I think it was even 7:1 or 8:1 at times. Ahh well, it's not like the Wii is supposed to be the market leader or anything.

lol. I agree.

People have really lowering expectations is this isn't something to talk about or mention.

That's human nature, happened to all 3, only some level headed fans can see that, most cannot.

Soriku said:
MontanaHatchet said:
So because there were a couple big game launches and a demo, that means that you see no problem in the second place console outselling the market leader? How many times did that happen with the PS2, regardless of what games were released?

You're forgetting the Wii isn't as dominant as the PS2.

@Egghead

That's because over here titles can hold over a console afloat for a longer time while in Japan it's totally different...

I mean it's not like after all those big games the PS3 and Wii are only a few k apart. So I don't get the Wii is d00med posts when the other consoles can fall faster.

If what Fila said is true about Golden Week being for children and stuff and the Wii could be on top again, I wonder what kind of comments we'll hear then...

@Ail

Uh...same goes for every other system as well.

I'll argue that the Wii was as dominant as the PS2, or maybe even more dominant than the PS2 at one point, and then shit happened, Nintendo rested, and is still resting on their laurels, really they need to wake up. A price cut would certainly help in Japan, it's not like they're losing money per console.

Around the Network

Shame that MHG didn't do much to boost the Wii's total, lifting the sales to about 19540 or so, but even so, it IS an improvement over last week.  The bump may be small and not in league with that of the PS3's FF7 AC demo, but even a small boost can make a difference, and if it's any indication, I think it will be the start of an uphill battle for Wii in Japan.  May doesn't have much in the way of killer software for Japan (although it DOES have at least two RPGs and Punch Out), but the PS3 will be having a slump by that time (I think it's high-profile releases are having a drought right at that point).  Of course, it'll be WSR and MH3 certainly that'll REALLY do wonders for the Wii.

Ail watching and noting Wii YoY now is a valid tactic the bias is expressed when you fail to cite Wiiware, Mario Kart Wii, Wiifit, Brawl, and so on. With your method of selective content we could look at PS3 launch and scratch our heads all day as to how it did so well a year later. That kind cognition is a very deceptive tool.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

edjevink said:
@Star Scream: Do you know any sales figures for Demon's Souls for the past week?

it is on the 37th number in m-create ranking.. so i m expecting around another 2k - 2.5k...

I got some Demon's Souls and Muramasa sales!

Demon's Souls - 2900 (120000 lifetime)
Muramasa - 2300 (32000 lifetime)

Major Minor's Majestic March - 600

MMMM got owned!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
I got some Demon's Souls and Muramasa sales!

Demon's Souls - 2900 (120000 lifetime)
Muramasa - 2300 (32000 lifetime)

Major Minor's Majestic March - 600

MMMM got owned!

So are we to assume that the 2300 of those copies sold are the last of the initial shipment from Marvelous?  (C'mon, when's the next shipment, dammit?!)