By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - My E3 2009 Predictions for Sony and Microsoft.

Every year I get hyped for E3 as do many gamers, but this year I believe will be big, and I mean BIG!

I believe this E3 will be the biggest E3 since E3 2005 when Microsoft spoke more about the Xbox 360 and when Sony showed the PS3 for the first time and showed the Killzone 2 trailer.

But this E3 will be even bigger than E3 2005, the reason why I feel this way is because we will finally see the games that these consoles are really capable of, so we are not just seeing new hardware and game trailers like we saw in 2005, but real-time gameplay.

Let's Start with Sony.

1. PSP 2 Reveal - This is a big one, and will create tons of buzz for Sony at E3.

2. New titles never before seen, that will blow our minds.

3. New PS3 controller - Yes, I said a new PS3 controller, probably a redesign or something completely different.

That's all I can think of for Sony, but these 3 things should be enough to satisfy PS3 fans and create tremendous Buzz for Sony.

Now onto Microsoft.

I don't know where to begin as I am expecting a barrage of anouncments.

1. Metal Gear Solid 4 anouncement, yes, I know people will say it's not going to happen, but let's get real, no one can really prove this will NOT happen, so therefore it is possible, and I know this will be another huge blow for the competition, so therefore people don't want to believe it can happen, but too bad, I said it anyway.

2. Halo 3: ODST real-time gameplay footage, OHHHH MY GAAAWD!, yes, I am extremely hyped for this one.

3. Gears of War 2 DLC, I am not talking about a map pack here, think more Grand Theft Auto 4 DLC, yes, I know what you are thinking.

4. Mass Effect 2 real-time gameplay footage, expect to have your Jaws dropped when this happens.

5. New Big Exclusive RPG Revealed.

6. RARE to show off 2 new titles.

7. Alan Wake real-time gameplay footage.

8. Microsoft gets more Exclusive DLC

9. Something else that will blow our minds to wrap up the conference, as Microsoft have the habit of doing.

Now onto some Multiplatform Anouncements.

Konami - Kojima shows at least one new game that will blow our minds.

Modern Warfare 2 real-time gameplay footage.

Bioshock 2 real-time gameplay footage.

As you can tell I am a 360 fan, but this is all I have, and I think those will be the biggest things from Sony this year, and I think I provided more exciting news about Sony than most other Sony fans E3 09 threads, as to why I didn't include Nintendo, I just don't care about the Wii, sorry.

E3 starts Monday, June 1st at 9:30 AM.

Around the Network

You're just setting yourself up to be disappointed lol

We'll see how things go ;)

yeah i hope the stuff on your MS list happens... If MGS4 came to the 360 that would almost eliminate my need to get a PS3, and that would be awesome!!!!

I'm pumped up for E3 so much!!
I know this is goina be a great e3!!

I think that Microsoft will just add very big things to their online, and Sony will show off a lot of games, and Nintendo is just a big ? , but if I dont see any new games for Wii, im selling it.

As much as everything you mentioned could happen, it seems like you're just setting yourself up for disappointment. Especially considering how many things you expect to "blow our minds".

However, I do agree that this E3 will be the best we've seen in awhile and am looking forward to it.

Around the Network

LOL MGS4 will not be a huge blow to the competition. Anyone who really wanted that game, already bought it on the Ps3. It will be a year old by the time it's released on 360 (if ever). Honestly, I dont think it will go on 360...but even if it does, it's not a big deal at this point. Now if they had announced MGS4 on 360 LAST YEAR, it wouldve been huge. Not so much now. Keep dreaming kid... I'll be playing MGS4 on my Ps3 in a few minutes.

I like how you mentioned ONE thing about games for Ps3 and NINE for the 360.
What a crappy opening post.

"I don't have time to play video games anymore, but if I did, I would definitely choose the PlayStation 3 instead of the 360" - President Barack Obama

infamous8 said:

LOL MGS4 will not be a huge blow to the competition. Anyone who really wanted that game, already bought it on the Ps3. It will be a year old by the time it's released on 360 (if ever). Honestly, I dont think it will go on 360...but even if it does, it's not a big deal at this point. Now if they had announced MGS4 on 360 LAST YEAR, it wouldve been huge. Not so much now. Keep dreaming kid... I'll be playing MGS4 on my Ps3 in a few minutes.

I like how you mentioned ONE thing about games for Ps3 and NINE for the 360.
What a crappy opening post.

Thats because he is more interested in the 360 than PS3 so how bout you get over it....

dint u have this thread already? im having a dajavu

Jeronimo66 said:

Every year I get hyped for E3 as do many gamers, but this year I believe will be big, and I mean BIG!

I believe this E3 will be the biggest E3 since E3 2005 when Microsoft spoke more about the Xbox 360 and when Sony showed the PS3 for the first time and showed the Killzone 2 trailer.

But this E3 will be even bigger than E3 2005, the reason why I feel this way is because we will finally see the games that these consoles are really capable of, so we are not just seeing new hardware and game trailers like we saw in 2005, but real-time gameplay.

Let's Start with Sony.

1. PSP 2 Reveal - This is a big one, and will create tons of buzz for Sony at E3.

2. New titles never before seen, that will blow our minds.

3. New PS3 controller - Yes, I said a new PS3 controller, probably a redesign or something completely different.

That's all I can think of for Sony, but these 3 things should be enough to satisfy PS3 fans and create tremendous Buzz for Sony.

Now onto Microsoft.

I don't know where to begin as I am expecting a barrage of anouncments.

1. Metal Gear Solid 4 anouncement, yes, I know people will say it's not going to happen, but let's get real, no one can really prove this will NOT happen, so therefore it is possible, and I know this will be another huge blow for the competition, so therefore people don't want to believe it can happen, but too bad, I said it anyway.

2. Halo 3: ODST real-time gameplay footage, OHHHH MY GAAAWD!, yes, I am extremely hyped for this one.

3. Gears of War 2 DLC, I am not talking about a map pack here, think more Grand Theft Auto 4 DLC, yes, I know what you are thinking.

4. Mass Effect 2 real-time gameplay footage, expect to have your Jaws dropped when this happens.

5. New Big Exclusive RPG Revealed.

6. RARE to show off 2 new titles.

7. Alan Wake real-time gameplay footage.

8. Microsoft gets more Exclusive DLC

9. Something else that will blow our minds to wrap up the conference, as Microsoft have the habit of doing.

Now onto some Multiplatform Anouncements.

Konami - Kojima shows at least one new game that will blow our minds.

Modern Warfare 2 real-time gameplay footage.

Bioshock 2 real-time gameplay footage.

As you can tell I am a 360 fan, but this is all I have, and I think those will be the biggest things from Sony this year, and I think I provided more exciting news about Sony than most other Sony fans E3 09 threads, as to why I didn't include Nintendo, I just don't care about the Wii, sorry.

E3 starts Monday, June 1st at 9:30 AM.

I would be seriously dissappointed if MS announces MGS4... Any time and money wasted getting MGS4 instead of creating a new exclusive would be a shitty move by MS

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

When did Microsoft blow anyone's minds at E3 aside from last year's FF13 thing? Not saying they have bad E3's, just curious. I think DMC 5 will be announced as well.