By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 sells 4 times more than Wii in Japan!

Good for PS3. If that's what a demo can do imagine what the real game will do. Of course now PS3 has to survive for awhile without much going on. Think there is that KOEI game somewhere in May but yea still going to be quite a drought. Hopefully they'll benefit from Golden Week.

Around the Network

Fixed

The_God_of_War said:
Such good news it required 3 threads!

Between the three threads for this and the constant "Will PS3 beat Wii for the X week in a row" by BHR-3, it's getting a bit crazy around the chartz!

Roma said:
BHR-3 said:
rafichamp said:
This will continue people, after FFXIII the Wii is truely doomed.

yes it will ps3 has a great chance of taking over JP...... EU is next

B_E_L_I_E_V_E   PEOPLE!!!  

lol

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!! doesn't let me embed a video >.<

There we go

Roma said:
BHR-3 said:
rafichamp said:

yes it will ps3 has a great chance of taking over JP...... EU is next

B_E_L_I_E_V_E   PEOPLE!!!  

lol

lol!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
rafichamp said:

dragon quest X says hi :p

Nintendo is a constant in life. Nintendo is the place where you can always go to have a great time, whether that is alone or together with friends. Nintendo made dozens of all time classics which are more than just amazing games. Nintendo is a gaming company. Nintendo raised our sorry asses better than a parent ever could. Nintendo is a religion. Nintendo is what drove gaming forward and what continues to drive gaming forward. Nintendo saved gaming in the '80s. Nintendo is saving gaming again right now.

Nintendo IS the industry. Nintendo IS gaming. - BY RolStoppable

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

So this thread is another waste of space, and add to the fact its starting to turn into a fanboy war..

mM
Soriku said:
Bolshack said:
rafichamp said:

PS3 is d00med when DQ X hits!11!!!

OMG!!1!1!! TE PS3 IS D00MED!1!1.. now seriusly, no console this gen is going to be d00med..

Nintendo is a constant in life. Nintendo is the place where you can always go to have a great time, whether that is alone or together with friends. Nintendo made dozens of all time classics which are more than just amazing games. Nintendo is a gaming company. Nintendo raised our sorry asses better than a parent ever could. Nintendo is a religion. Nintendo is what drove gaming forward and what continues to drive gaming forward. Nintendo saved gaming in the '80s. Nintendo is saving gaming again right now.

Nintendo IS the industry. Nintendo IS gaming. - BY RolStoppable

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Bolshack said:
Soriku said:
Bolshack said:
rafichamp said:

PS3 is d00med when DQ X hits!11!!!

OMG!!1!1!! TE PS3 IS D00MED!1!1.. now seriusly, no console this gen is going to be d00med..

Blasphemy... everyone knows that this is like.... mmmm.... 50th time the wii is doomed since it was announced

Soriku said:
coasterlove said:
It is actually a bad sign for Nintendo. They haven't been selling as much in Japan lately and the PS3 has been outselling it for a little while. Also the Xbox 360 didn't do that low compared to the Wii. I think the Wii has saturated Japan and won't see sales pick up again if they don't bring out some really big games, stuff that appeals to traditional gamers. I think that's part of the reason the PS3 is picking up and 360 doing alright too.

I wouldn't be surprised if the same holds true elsewhere in the world. There are only so many casual gamers. Nintendo really does need to focus on the hardcore more to keep a big lead. Don't get me wrong, Nintendo has done great and I don't expect them to lose their overall lead.

...And that's why Nintendo has core stuff in development too. They released most of their core stuff earlier and they've been developing more obvious. I expect most to come out in 2010. 2009 will definitely have stuff too though.

People are getting way too full of themselves in this thread though. lol at PS3 overtaking the Wii in Japan. If the Wii stopped selling in Japan RIGHT NOW it would still take many years before the PS3 could catch up. Let alone EU!

i hope, because so does sony and at lesser extend microsoft.