By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The iphone is becoming a serious gamers machine guys.

averyblund said:
SJGohan3972 said:
What's with all the iPhone hate?

I have an iPhone and love it and game on it daily. Now my DS obviously has more games (and better ones at that) but I still have fun playing on my iPhone.

You should really check out the Assasins Creed game that came out today. It is just amazing looking and a total blast. It is a port of the DS version but with a big graphical improvement. For $10 it is totally worth it. Unless you own the DS version.

Ooo. I might have to check that out.  I wish there was a demo for it...

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

Around the Network
Arkk said:
Jeronimo66 said:

I didn't know the iphone was this powerful.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/08/01/carmack-says-iphone-is-more-powerful-than-a-nintendo-ds-and-psp/

.........and this game is the reason I am now excited about the iphone.

http://wireless.ign.com/articles/974/974147p1.html

I am shocked, delighted and excited as a gamer to see what the iphone can really do, up until now I thought the iphone needed to have buttons, and because of that I didn't take the iphone seriously as a gaming machine, but this game really shows the true potential of the iphone and proves to me the iphone is a capable gaming device all it needs now is for the games to come, which are coming.

I was itching to buy a portable gaming device, so I bought a DS earlier this year, my first hand-held gaming system, and I haven't bought a Nintendo product since the NES, but the DS wasn't for me, I was also thinking about buying a sony psp, but it doesn't seem to have enough games, so I held out, but after seeing this game for the iphone and finding out the iphone is more powerful than the sony psp, I just might go buy a iphone or an ipod touch.

Excellent Job Apple!

Great..... another fucking bandwagon jumper.

I officially do not like you anymore! Yay!

No, I want to be liked lol, come on I am just excited after seeing that video, I see the potential now for the iphone to be a serious gamers machine.

Cobretti2 said:
it is a phone first man.

No one is buying it for gaming

this is the order.

phone calls
sms
mp3 player
camera
google maps
video player
games

Say hello to ipod touch, that is not a phone, if I do decide to buy one it will most likely be the ipod touch, I may wait as well because I heard new ones are coming out and 20 dollar games will be hitting the store, these games will be bigger and better than the ones out now.

hmm didnt some1 say this thing is more powerful than the dreamcast.. although the graphics say otherwise.. I just think having a complete touch interface limits the experience gamers can have.

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

arsenicazure said:
hmm didnt some1 say this thing is more powerful than the dreamcast.. although the graphics say otherwise.. I just think having a complete touch interface limits the experience gamers can have.

its true the touch interface can limit the traditional gaming experience but the touch screen and/or accelerometer can make for some different awesome experiences.

Currently dreaming of: DKC4 or Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (classic 2D platformers) for WiiWare, Smash Bros. for DSi, New Super Mario World for DSi, a Wii remake or true sequel of Final Fantasy Tactics.

One down, hopefully more awesomeness to come.

Around the Network
SJGohan3972 said:
arsenicazure said:

its true the touch interface can limit the traditional gaming experience but the touch screen and/or accelerometer can make for some different awesome experiences.

If anybody has played Rolando I think they would understand what you mean. That is a game that would only work on the Wii or iPhone.  But yes I think a combination of buttons and touchscreen would be ideal. Though it would almost certainly bulk up the size of the device.

XBL: WiiVault Wii: PM me  PSN: WiiVault

PC: AMD Athlon II Quadcore 635 (OC to 4.0ghz) , ATI Radeon 5770 1GB (x2)

MacBook Pro C2D 2.8ghz, 9600m GT 512 iMac: C2D 2.0, X2600XT 256

SJGohan3972 said:

I have an iPhone and love it and game on it daily. Now my DS obviously has more games (and better ones at that) but I still have fun playing on my iPhone.

In the last 24 hours I have played these games on my iPhone:

StickWars
Space Deadbeef
Tap Tap Revenge (1 & 2)
Pocket God
Bejeweled 2

I have these games as well:

Spore Origins
Topple
Star Wars The Force Unleashed
Pac-Man
Monopoly Worldwide
Oregon Trail
Heavy Mech
Lux Touch
Tap Defense

And I will be purchasing these games next week after payday:

Wolfenstein 3D (remade for the iPhone by the original guy who made it)
Metal Gear Solid Touch

Why would you guys not want people to have fun with their games, just because you don't happen to enjoy those games dosn't mean you have to hate so much (I don't go around starting threads about how most FPS and for that matter "next-gen" games are pointless repetitions)

Oh, this isn't iPhone hate. I have high doubts of it being a serious gaming platform, though. There are a great many games that won't appear on the iPhone simply because of the lack of buttons and dual inputs for movement/looking. That's at least what I was saying. The OP made it sound like he was guillable enough to believe that such games can make it to the iPhone.

The BuShA owns all!

Vertigo-X said:
SJGohan3972 said:

In the last 24 hours I have played these games on my iPhone:

StickWars
Space Deadbeef
Tap Tap Revenge (1 & 2)
Pocket God
Bejeweled 2

I have these games as well:

Spore Origins
Topple
Star Wars The Force Unleashed
Pac-Man
Monopoly Worldwide
Oregon Trail
Heavy Mech
Lux Touch
Tap Defense

And I will be purchasing these games next week after payday:

Wolfenstein 3D (remade for the iPhone by the original guy who made it)
Metal Gear Solid Touch

Why would you guys not want people to have fun with their games, just because you don't happen to enjoy those games dosn't mean you have to hate so much (I don't go around starting threads about how most FPS and for that matter "next-gen" games are pointless repetitions)

Oh, this isn't iPhone hate. I have high doubts of it being a serious gaming platform, though. There are a great many games that won't appear on the iPhone simply because of the lack of buttons and dual inputs for movement/looking. That's at least what I was saying. The OP made it sound like he was guillable enough to believe that such games can make it to the iPhone.

Did you even look at the link in my OP?

averyblund said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Also, imho, Apple products are very often overpriced considering the features. You are in essence paying a brand tax for these phones. Now, the gaming library is certainly nice, because this is a mainstream system, but imo, you'd get a better value with a free Pearl and a DS or a PSP. Much better gaming and multimedia.

Does the iPhone still require you to repurchase your MP3s through a proprietary store? Get a Sony walkman. Great advice to any potential iPod customers.

Geez sure is early in the day for the winner of least informed comment of the day. I'm always impressed when people posit an opinion (Apple stuff is overpriced) and then totally undermine themselves by saying something totally untrue and obviously made up simply to prove their point. The fact that nobody else called you on this just goes to show that people will believe anything if it agrees with their pre-existing bias. Let me straighten this out.

The iPhone has never required people to buy all their music again. Not on launch day, and not today. It never happened. I've heard the same FUD spread about the iPod as well from people who would rather be ideological than right. Kinda hard to trust the opinion of somebody who is unwilling to inform themselves the least bit on the topic they are discussing.

Next time before you give advice make sure you didn't just make it up.

...ok. It's people like you that make me get banned, lol.

Do you know what a question mark indicates at the end of a sentence?

It means I asked a question. I wasn't trying to prove a point. I was asking a question. Sure, it was ill-informed, but I claim no knowledge on the subject. I don't own an iPhone, because it is, imo, vastly overpriced with far less features than my Blackberry. You might think my question was misleading, or ignorant, but it wasn't a "statement" it was a question.

You could have answered it fairly and informed me of my mistake. Instead you flamed me. Nice move.

My original assertion was an opinion. I clearly labeled it. I believe Apple stuff is overpriced.(imho means "In My Humble Opinion")

As for the walkman, you get better sound quality(an opinion shared by every reviewer that I've read, but still an opinion) for a much cheaper pricetag.

I think your motivation was anger over an uninformed question about a product that you enjoy, and that's fine, but don't speak to me anymore. Stop flaming people for asking questions and giving their opinions. I asked because I didn't know. You could have told me the right answer to that. You didn't. You flamed my question, and me. Thank you.

As for my advice, I think people should take it. Compare an iPhone or an iPod or a Mac to another product of equal price without the logo and see how the specs stack up.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Actually the question was if they "still" required you to re-buy things. That means that you were saying that at some point they did this in the past. That is incorrect. You were not asking if they ever did it, just if they continue to. Perhaps you misformulated the question- but that is hardly my fault now is it? You should have asked "Does Apple require you to re-buy music?". Sorry if I came down too hard on you, but what you are saying now is not what you typed. Now either your backpeddling because I called you on it, or you made an honest mistake.

XBL: WiiVault Wii: PM me  PSN: WiiVault

PC: AMD Athlon II Quadcore 635 (OC to 4.0ghz) , ATI Radeon 5770 1GB (x2)

MacBook Pro C2D 2.8ghz, 9600m GT 512 iMac: C2D 2.0, X2600XT 256