By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: gamers dont understand that PIRACY can make the PSP "go away"

Akvod said:
PLAYSTATION 3 said:
DaGreatestHope said:
Piracy=stealing.

You would not walk into a store and grab free copies of games. Same concept applies here.

So do you think it's impossible to steal ideas?... by copying them?

Yep it is stealing. Because you dont pay for the game.

Around the Network
PLAYSTATION 3 said:
Akvod said:
PLAYSTATION 3 said:
DaGreatestHope said:
Piracy=stealing.

You would not walk into a store and grab free copies of games. Same concept applies here.

So do you think it's impossible to steal ideas?... by copying them?

How can you steal an intangible thing?

By taking credit for something I didn't come up with... by using the name/brand that someone else has spent years to establish?

Are you saying you don't believe in the concept of intellectual property?

RDBRaptor said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Sony didn't speak out about it when the Dreamcast died.

Why would they care back then?  Piracy annihalated one of their competitors and they were on top.  Everything was looking pretty sweet for them.

It will annihilate the PSP if people don't stop as well. Piracy is rampant when aquiring files these days, so I wouldn't talk about why its so great for one to fall over another.

they should hire some ninjas

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
RDBRaptor said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Why would they care back then?  Piracy annihalated one of their competitors and they were on top.  Everything was looking pretty sweet for them.

It will annihilate the PSP if people don't stop as well. Piracy is rampant when aquiring files these days, so I wouldn't talk about why its so great for one to fall over another.

That's my point, they didn't fully address the problem when they were ahead of everyone else and were winning the race.  Now that piracy is hitting them hard and threatening their console's life span they now know how bad the problem is for the industry.

Kingdom Hearts 3 Bet: If Kingdom Hearts 3 becomes a multiplaform title/is not Wii exclusive then I will be banished from this land for 1 week and sing my praises to those who have proved themselves to be more intelligent than I.http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/RDBRaptor/rdbraptor_sig16.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">
My Anime List

S.T.A.G.E. said:

why would Sony speak out instead of Sega?

why cant Sega speak out of themselves?

PullusPardus said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

why would Sony speak out instead of Sega?

why cant Sega speak out of themselves?

Piracy is far beyond just random companies now. Gamers of all people should know that Japanese and American governments are cracking down on pirates. America will be following Japans lead though on the issue of piracy though.

Only PSP suffered piracy ?

One thing I wonder..

Since piracy is possible in all consoles (well, except PS3).
PC, PS2, Wii, XBox360, NDS ... all of them are prone to piracy.
So, why it's just PSP that comes to talk about this? How about others ?

@Mekpro

Well as far as I know the DSI came out to stop piracy on the other DS consoles with the memory card insert.

The 360 is trying something new as I reported today

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=69256&page=1

Everybody tries but hackers work for free...

If it wasn't for the expense invloved in copying BR PS3 might be on the list too...