By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why GTA IV, one of the 2 best games of this gen, received so much hate.

Gta san andreas was cooler with all the gangs and stuff.

I really hope there will be a game about Mara Salvatrucha 13 ... lol

Around the Network

Because it was a huge disappointment.

Look, Saints Row 2 was a better game in every single way except story.  And bad story vs terrible story doesn't matter -- both games had shit for stories, so who cares?  Just play it for fun, and Saints Row 2 is a hell of a lot more fun.

Saints Row 2 is a good, solid B+ game.

It was poorly recieved because of the lack of features compared to GTa SA or VC. However its still a great game and im enjoying it quite alot.

TheBigFatJ said:

Because it was a huge disappointment.

Look, Saints Row 2 was a better game in every single way except story.  And bad story vs terrible story doesn't matter -- both games had shit for stories, so who cares?  Just play it for fun, and Saints Row 2 is a hell of a lot more fun.

Saints Row 2 is a good, solid B+ game.

I guess because GTA IV had a great story.

http://bestof.ign.com/2008/xbox360/15.html
http://bestof.ign.com/2008/ps3/16.html
http://bestof.ign.com/2008/pc/16.html
http://bestof.ign.com/2008/overall/16.html

I don't see Saint's Row even getting an honorable mention on one of those lists.

@txrattlesnakes

No matter how many people hold it, an opnion is an opinion.

I personally thought the story was meh, the characters awesome, but their devlopments lacking severely.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Carl2291 said:
gebx said:
Some people hate it cause it wasn't a PS3 exclusive

I hate you and your flaming.

He's not "flaming," he's posting "flamebait."  There's a difference.

Either way... i hate him.

hehe, common, you know its partially true!

Remember the day FFXIII was announced as multiplatforms?? The forums where laced with fanboys saying A) FFXIII Versus was better anyways, or B) FXIII is overrated...

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Everyone expected all the hype to come true, GTA4 rules anyways!

PREDICTIONS:
(Predicted on 5/31/11) END of 2011 Sales - Xbox 360 = 62M;  PS3 = 59M;  Wii = 97M

gebx said:
Carl2291 said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Carl2291 said:
gebx said:
Some people hate it cause it wasn't a PS3 exclusive

I hate you and your flaming.

He's not "flaming," he's posting "flamebait."  There's a difference.

Either way... i hate him.

hehe, common, you know its partially true!

Remember the day FFXIII was announced as multiplatforms?? The forums where laced with fanboys saying A) FFXIII Versus was better anyways, or B) FXIII is overrated...

or C)  FFXIII will be worse for having to fit on DVDs.

As the saying goes, it cuts both ways.  Wii, PS3, and 360 fanboys all exhibit this behavior regarding exclusives. 

Your statement isn't flamebait because it's untrue (in fact the best flamebait is such because it is true), but rather because you added the word "PS3" into it to specifically antagonize one group of posters on this forum.

Akvod said:
@txrattlesnakes

No matter how many people hold it, an opnion is an opinion.

I personally thought the story was meh, the characters awesome, but their devlopments lacking severely.

Characters that are already awesome might not need to evolve.  I doubt if Snake, Mario, Link, Marcus Fenix, Master Chief, Dante, Ryu Hayabusa really evolve as much in their games as the characters in GTA IV did by the end of that game.

Thats because the best games get the most amount of hate. in fact everything in life is like that.

The most powerful countries are hated
the most powerful companies are hated
the most popular things are hated

and why??

because they are the best and people either want to be different just for the sake of it. And people just LOVE to hate on the best thing period.