By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why GTA IV, one of the 2 best games of this gen, received so much hate.

All popular games have their haters and fans. It is just the way things go. "Tall poppy syndrome". Anything on top has to be knocked down.

Around the Network
blazinhead89 said:
I don't hate it, it was disappointing to me though.

I can understand if you were disappointed but some people do hate it for stupid reasons

Favorite films. Foreign films forever!

that dont really explain anything...

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

I can't speak for anybody else but I hate GTAIV because it's uncreative and painfully boring. It's disappointing seeing the definition of what I think is wrong with modern gaming become so critically acclaimed. We live in a world in which more people buy GTAIV than the Dreamcast, nobody wants creativity and it is showing this gen.

Fool, it is in no way one of the best games at all. I am playing it just now and near the end. It is GOOD, not near perfect like all the brain washed reviewers said.

Saints Row 2 was much better because it was so much more FUN, and the cut scenes were so much more BETTER.

Graphics might be great on GTA4 but the music is forgettable and the setting uninspiring.

Around the Network

i think GTA is a real great Game but lets look at another GTAs...i played San Andreas and Vice City maybe 200 hours and i would play it right now too...but in IV after i finished all the missions i throw the game away and now it gets dusty in my closet...u now what i want to say...i was addicted to VC and SA but not to IV and i think many people think the same...IV is not replayable for many GTA fans...IV is like III only with better graphics...but i would say that the next GTA will be muuuch better with more things to do like SA!

being on a new gen system i figured the game would mix all the aspects for Vice and san andreas that i enjoyed. crazy jumbs with mini murder sprees along with everything changable. for my buck i enjoyed saints row 2 more as a game.

This hand of mine is burning red. It's loud cry is telling me to grasp victory.....SEKIHA TENKYOKEN!!!

Haha. GTA 4 sucks. It is just for those immature kids. There are a lot of better games than GTA this gen. SMG,mario kart,zelda,no more heroes,wii sports... the list is very long.

It was a crappy game. If you played a GTA game before, it was just more of the same boring crap. It didn't add anything new, and it was a HUGE step down from GTA San Andreas.

Shut Up! GTAIV was incredibly great, I have never understood the hate.